Chapter 13

''You know the way to my house, don't you? I don't want to have to wait again.''

Miku jumped a little as Len's velvet voice caressed her ear. She glanced up, at him, and saw him staring down at her, a quizzical look in his eyes. She swallowed and nodded.

''Good. Then make your own way there later. Text me when you're about to reach.'' With that, he disappeared, almost faster than her eye could see. She frowned.

He didn't seem jealous at all, he just seemed like he couldn't be bothered to talk to her anymore. Her heart sank. Had her plan backfired on her?

Gakupo, who was slouching in the chair next to hers, snapped his fingers in front of her face. ''Don't look so depressed, Miku. Len's not happy about this. Trust me, I know. If it was any other girl he had seen me with, he wouldn't be all cold like the way he is now.''

''But he barely wants to talk to me,'' Miku sighed. ''Should I tell him we aren't really a couple? I'd rather be friends with him than nothing at all.''

Though being his friend and seeing him flirt with all the other girls would tear even deeper than when he was just her crush, admired from afar.

I really have no idea what to do. Why can't I be more experienced at this kind of thing?

Because Len was the only person she had ever had feelings for, all these years?

''Don't tell him anything,'' Gakupo assured her. ''See how he's like during your study session later. If he ignores you...well, maybe it's time to do something more drastic than just trying to rile him.''

''What do you mean, more drastic?'' Miku asked suspiciously. Gakupo's eyes gleamed, and Miku had a feeling she wouldn't like his idea.

''Someone can spread a rumour that you invited me over to your house, and that we behaved much more intimately than we usually did. Knowing this school, the gossip will reach Len's ears totally blown out of proportion.''

''No,'' Miku frowned. ''I'm not risking my reputation, not even for Len. I'm not shameless, you know,'' she added primly.

Gakupo laughed. She didn't know how he managed to find humour in every single situation, really. ''I was kidding, Miku. Len isn't the type to pay attention to rumours. He only believes what he himself has heard or seen.''

Miku looked down at her lap. ''Thank you, Gakupo...but why are you even helping me?''

''I think you're good for Len. He needs someone who he can look after, you see. His whole life, Rin has been taking care of him. He needs to learn to be more responsible. And...I see how he looks at you. He's attracted, he just won't admit it.''

Her heart fluttered at Gakupo's words. ''Maybe he just finds me amusing. He knows so much more than me. To him, I probably seem childish and clueless about everything.''

Gakupo snorted. ''Don't put yourself down, Hatsune. He likes you. He talks to you in a way I've never seen him talk to any other girl, not even those he's intimate with. I'm his friend, and I know what I'm talking about. Don't you trust me?''

''I do, but...it seems so unlikely.''

Gakupo just smiled and rose from the chair, stretching. Leaning down, he patted her shoulder, his long purple hair falling around his face. ''Just go and see what he wants later, Hatsune. You might be surprised.''

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Len didn't reply to her message, and Miku sighed, slipping her phone back into her pocket. She was about to reach his house, and like he had asked she had messaged him before she reached his house.