Chapter 4

Lindsey's POV

"I haven't come out the closet, I'm afraid too," Lisa said shoving Chinese food in her mouth, sitting on my bed.

"Why?" I ask blushing, also trying to keep it cool.

"I don't know how my parents and friends would react," she said putting her hands on her forehead and falling backwards on my bed.

"I think that if they love you for you, they wouldn't care about your sexuality," I said patting her tummy.

"Wow, I never really thought about it like that. Thanks, Lindsey," Lisa sits up smiling at me.

"So..." I say trying to find words to say.

I don't want to mess anything up, or scare her away. I got her to open up to me, that's a huge step.

No one has really opened up to me before, I'm always the one who opened up to others. Not about deep and personal things, but about a lot.

I never told anyone the real reason my dad left me and my mom. I always told them he found some other woman, then left us within an instant.
The real reason, was he was the biggest drunk and used to beat me and my mother. My mom got tired of it one day, and we packed up and left.

That was about 4 years ago, moving here was a fresh new start. Which is hard, I miss my friends, but I don't miss those godforsaken memories my father left us.

"Lindsey... Can I tell you something?" Lisa said brushing her hair out of her face, behind her ear.

"Yeah, sure, anything," I said crossing my legs, looking at her.

"I think I may like you, but I'm really not sure," she said setting her Chinese food to the side.

"It's fine, Lisa, I think I like you too, but I've got a lot of mixed emotions, and I don't want to mess up our friendship because you're a really amazing friend," I said letting that off of my chest, feeling better.

"That's really cool to know," Lisa said blushing and looking down.

I stood up to turn the music up, a really amazing song with a good beat came on, and I felt like being myself.

So, I grabbed Lisa's hand and we danced and danced, until we both tripped over each other.

We landed, face to face, exhaling pretty hard due to the fact we were out of breath.

There she was, 2 inches from my face. My eyes traveled from her eyes to her lips, I was about to lean in and kiss her, but she beat me to it.

Lisa leaned in and kissed me.