Chapter 14

Lindsey's POV

I decided not to tell Lisa that night. My stomach fell to my knees and I didn't know how to word or phrase anything.

I didn't want to come on too strong, which maybe I should have because it's been a month since.

Our relationship is flying by so quickly, it seems just last week, I met her in class, but here we are, 8 months without a problem.

Maybe she is the one. What if she feels the same way? Ah, but what if she doesn't?

My mind is so conflicted, and I don't know what to do. I asked my mom, and she told me to follow my heart and trust my instincts.

I might as well tell her soon, or else I'll have myself believing it isn't real until she says it first.

"Can you come over?" I asked soon after picking up my phone.

"Yeah, I'll be there in five.." She said drifting away, then hanging up.

Was there something wrong?

Not too long after, Lisa walked through the front door and into my room.

She looked tired.

"Are you okay, beautiful?" I asked sitting up to lightly grasp her wrists and look into her eyes.

Her eyes travel away from mine, then back.

"I'm just really stressed out.." She said sitting in my lap, wrapping her arms around me.

"Why baby?" I said, sounding a little raspy.

"My ex-boyfriend wants me back.." Lisa said gripping my neck tighter.

My face is just literally covered in shock.

"Well, do you want him back?" I ask, hoping not to sound too devastated.

"No! Of course not! But, he's been bringing up the past a lot lately, and I don't know how to handle it. He broke my heart, and now he wants me? After I'm committed to such a beautiful soul? Never gonna happen! I just told him to delete my number and to not talk to me, because I don't have time for people that hurt me, I have time for the ones who don't," Lisa said looking up at me, then kissing my cheek.

That was a relief. What if I told her now?

"Hey.. Can I talk to you about something?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yes," Lisa said getting off of my lap, and sitting next to me.

"I told you that I loved you..." I started.

Lisa's POV

Loved? Is she breaking up with me?

I sit with anticipation. I'm not sure how I'll be able to deal with this, I love her so much...

"That's not the whole truth..." Lindsey said, grabbing my hand.

"Lindsey?" I asked, seeing a tear fall from her face.

"Lisa, I'm in love with you. I am emotionally, physically and spiritually invested in you. You're the one.. I finally realized it a month ago, and I've been feeling so weird about how I'm feeling because, well, I've never experienced this before. I think about my future, and you're all that I think about, I can't get you off my mind. You're my everything, Lisa. If I ever lost you, I don't know what I'd do, honestly," Lindsey said leaning towards me, wrapping her arms around my neck, and hugging me so firmly.

"Lindsey, I thought you were gonna break up with me," I said giggling.

"No way in hell!" She said tickling my sides.

I'm glad that this turned out opposite of what I originally expected.

I wouldn't know what to do if I lost her.

"Lindsey, I feel the exact same way," I said seeing her face light up and hug me tighter.

"I love you, I love you, I love you," Lindsey said kissing my face constantly and repetitively, like one would to a child.

"You're so cute, hehe," I said pushing her from my body enough to where I could look into her eyes.

Lindsey leaned closer to me, then kissed me. So passionately, it felt like I was floating at that point.

"Lisa," Lindsey started, "Will you marry me?"