Chapter 5 (Zak)

"Look at my back" Farren whispered quietly, Zak blinked and climb up behind her and pushed her shirt up a little, he saw the beginning of a scratch, he lifted the shirt to her shoulder and gaped "Holy shit" he choked out, no wonder his hands were such a bruised purple.

 He felt a wave of anger hit him full on, he scowled and got up off the bed " I know your there!" he yelled at the darkness "Come and get me, if you can attack a innocent girl you can attack me to!" he pulled his shirt over his head exposing his chest and back.

 A cool hand was laid on his arm and he tensed for a minute before he realized it was Farren, he felt a strange protective feeling over her, "Please, stop. I don't want anyone getting hurt." she whispered,  he didn't look at her, he just continued to shout for the ghost to show itself.

 After about ten minutes of him yelling and Farren begging him to stop he felt something scratch his back, he fell on the bed writhing in pain, he felt a hand slide into his own, he grasped it and held on until the pain stopped.

 "Are you alright?" nick asked as he flipped on a light, Zak laid on his stomach, Farren sat quietly as he laid there panting and sweating, a finger traced down his back and a sharp pain ran down his back, he hissed "sorry" Farren said removing her finger.

 After awhile Zak finally got up, "where's my shirt?" he asked, Farren looked around and got off the bed and walked across the room and picked something up, she came back with his shirt in her hand, she handed him his shirt and he pulled it on.

 They all left the room and went downstairs, they all got situated in the living room as Farren walked into the kitchen, "so" Nick began "Which is it?" Zak glared at him "What? you two seem to have a thing for killing each others hands." Nick said putting his hands up defensively, "Nick" Zak growled "Yes?" Nick asked " two words, SHUT UP" he snapped and Nick shut his mouth.

 Ten minutes later Farren came back into the living room carrying a try with a couple soda's and some snacks, she set them down in front of them, "Here, enjoy." she said and went upstairs.

                                               *                                     *                                      * 

 After awhile of chatting it was time for Zak and Nick to go, the two men started for the door as Farren opened the door for them, Nick walked out, before Zak took a step out of the house Farren stopped him, "Zak" she said softly and he turned his body to face her, she said nothing for minute then "be careful, please" she whispered and she hugged him.

 He blinked in surprise and looked down at her, he had to admit it felt nice to have her small frame against his, he wrapped his arms around her "I will, I promise." he whispered into her hair, they pulled apart and she handed him a piece of  paper and ushered him out the door.

 Hope you're all enjoying what you read so far, I'm not very good at writing but hopefully with time I get better!

                                                         Foxdee33