Chapter 31 (Farren)

Farren stared into the angry eyes of the street thug who had her pinned between him and Zak, she tried to focus on Zak's warm chest pressed against her back, not the cold metal of a knife pressed against her neck.

 "you went to far sweet cakes." the man said, she felt his hand creep under her shirt, he smiled widely, "Your a flat stomach." he said pleased, "For now." she said narrowing her eyes at him.

 Farren tensed as his hand was  shoved higher, only to be stopped by Zak's arm that was wrapped around her rib cage, the man hissed, "Move your arm." the man hissed at Zak, an Idea clicked in her head, she used zak's arm holding her as stability as she brought her legs up and wrapped them around the thugs waist.

 She felt repulsed as she felt his pulsing member through his pants against her pelvis, he smiled a wicked smile, as she reached up behind between her and Zak and felt around until she found her phone.

 Behind her Zak tensed as the thug brought his mouth to hers, she moved her mouth in sync with his as she brought her phone out and smashed him over the head with it.

 As the leaders followers all gathered around him as he staggered away, clutching his head, Zak and Farren quickly got in the car as fast as they could.

                           *                                                                          *                                                *

 "What the hell were you thinking! your were supposed to stay in the car!" Zak said through clenched teeth, Farren glanced at him, his jaw was clenched and tense, "I couldn't just sit here while you sat out there, with those dickheads." Farren said calmly, "Don't you ever do that again." he snapped, Farren sighed and turned to look at the girl in the backseat, "What's your name?" she asked.

 "Sophie." she squeaked, Farren smiled, "Well Sophie, where are your parents, you look a little young to be on your own." Sophie sighed, "Im seventeen, turning eighteen next week." Farren noticed how her eyes flitted over to Zak as she said that.

 Farren sighed, another girl Zak crazy. she didn't like it, "And my parents left me there, I never meant anything to them." Farren's heart sunk, she glanced at Zak who was looking at Sophie, he sighed, "Well Sophie, if you would like you can stay with us until you're able to get your own place." Farren watched as Sophie's eyes light up and a grin slide on her face.

  "Thank you." Sophie whispered, Zak nodded and gave her a tight smile, then it went silent. he was angry at Farren.

 After a while of the silence Farren couldn't take it anymore, "I'm sorry." she said, Zak's eyes flicked over to her and back on the road, "You let him kiss you." He said, Farren sighed and stared down at her hands, "I didn't want to, but I needed him distracted." she said quietly.

 She heard Zak sigh, he reached over and laid his hand on her thigh, "I know, I'm sorry." he replied, she slide her fingers through his, it was silent the rest of the way home.

                                *                                             *                                                         *

 Farren sighed as she walked into the room she now shared with Zak, he stood in front of his desk as he rummaged in his drawers, he had already taken his shirt off, she walked over to him, "what are you doing?" she asked, he stopped, "Looking for scissors." he replied, "The file? where is it?" Farren asked, he stopped, "I left it on the bed.." he said, he turned to look, Farren followed his gaze.