Chapter 12 (Zak)

Zak watched as Farren finished her breakfast, he had finished his in a heartbeat; he was that hungry. "So." Farren began "What are we doing next?" she asked, Zak smiled "If it's alright with you, we'll go to the motel where I'm staying and we'll hang with the guys?" and she nodded, "Sounds good." And It went silent.

"I'm going to go pay the bill." Zak told Farren who nodded and took a sip from her orange juice, he looked at her, her brown hair was curled, she sat with her legs crossed in her midnight blue dress, she looked perfect. His heart beat faster as he took her in, she glanced at him and he quickly turned away and walked to the front desk and paid for the breakfast.

After he paid he turned around to walk back to the table but the sight he saw was horrific, Farren sat on the ground as the Melissa girl was dumping food all over her, Zak quickly walked over angry, "What are you doing!" He growled at her, she looked up and smiled at him "I was helping her up. I accidentally tripped her and bumped this off." The girl said sweetly Grabbing Farrens arm and none too gently tried to tug her up, Farren scowled and yanked her arm free.

"You alright?" Zak asked Farren as she tried to get up, Zak held his hand out to her and she took it and he pulled her up, "I'm Fine." she said quietly avoiding his eyes, He sighed and tugged her towards the door.

They reached the motel he has been staying at for the time being, He got out as Farren did to and he walked around the car he had rented for the day. They quickly walked into his hotel and he turned to her "Do you want to take a shower here or shall I take you home?" He asked, Farren looked at him, "It doesn't matter" she whispered, she was so upset he hated it.

After he got the shower ready he set out some of the smallest clothes he owned out for her and he picked up her dress and took it in the kitchen and put it in the sink to soak.

About fifteen minutes later Farren appeared wrapped in a towel and he handed her one of his shirts and a pair of plaid pajama pants, she took them from him and muttered a thanks and went to get changed.

 Zak sighed and walked into the room and he laid down on his stomach on the bed, he was tired he must admit. The sound of someone walking caused him to open his eyes, Farren stood near the bed looking around, he sat up, "You feel better?" He asked her and her gaze jumped to him and nodded, he sighed as he got up and went over and he hugged her.

Farren sighed as he wrapped her in his arms, he felt her arms go around his waist and her cheek rested against his chest. "I'm sorry she did that to you." Zak said into her hair, she sighed "It's not your fault." she said lifting her head up to look at him, he looked down at her, "Why would she do that?" He asked, searching her face.

"Because she was jealous." Zak looked at her quizzically, "Jealous of what?" he asked, She sighed "She's...." She stopped and released a huff of breath, "She's kinda in love with you..." she blurted out quickly, he pulled away "Really?" He asked, she ducked her head and nodded, "almost the whole school is." she whispered, he blinked at her shocked, she bit her lip, "Sorry to much info." and he shook his head and smiled "Oh, no it's ok." he said and pulled her closer to him.

 Zak stood still with his arms still wrapped around Farren, It felt nice to just hold her. He felt her chest rise and fall as she sighed, he smiled, "Well shall we go do something?" He asked, she turned her head so that her forehead was resting on his neck, "I'm too comfortable" she replied and tightened her arms around his waist.

Eventually she fell asleep, he looked at the clock, still had at least four hours until the movie started, he picked Farren up and laid her on the bed and quickly went to wash her dress out.