02. 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦

it was now two in the afternoon, men were still busy and some went to take a short nap

it was now two in the afternoon, men were still busy and some went to take a short nap. taehyung was lying face first on his bed, still upset of his father's words. now, he really wasn't allowed to go out in the woods. he wanted to see the flowers and it saddened him that he'll only be seeing them in books. he wanted to build his own flower garden, but he preferred going out and seeing those wild flowers as it grows.

a pout soon traced his face, but was wiped off when he sat up and reached for a certain book (and grow new ones himself, as well).

as he read a book about flowers. he was already at the last pages of the book (he started reading yesterday), which here says what each flower represent. though there are some flowers that taehyung is not familiar with, he tries his best to learn about it and hopes he might spot one. good thing the book has pictures in it! most probably he'll start sprouting some soon.

time seems to fly really fast, it was now 2:50 and taehyung already finished the entire book. he got nothing to do. he wanted to go and visit the city, but immediately shook his head at the silly thought. sure, he completed his education, earned himself a degree and got a job at a famous coffee shop in seoul, but the pain he went through on those summer days (especially that one summer night), he didn't want to go and experience those again.

then his thoughts drifted to his mother.

his sweet mother.

his father said that he was only 7 when the wolf pack that his mother was visiting were attacked (his mother was one of the famous white witch that was known back then, probably because of her healing ability).

unfortunately, his mother came to them with deep cuts and dark purple bruises that littered her body. there were also multiple gunshots on her chest. by the time they got her to their medical camp, she didn't make it. it was said that what killed her was the gunshot on her heart; the vital part that can kill a white witch, with potions and spells or not.

white witch's bodies don't decay like normal beings do when they die. instead, it heals all injuries and their bodies turn cold. they may be dead, but the cells in her brain are moving, thus, the reason of undecaying bodies. (the autopsy of jane doe, anyone?)

it was also reported that a lot of white witches had the same experience as his mother at that devastating night. as the news spread through, everyone was perplexed.

his mother's body is somewhere deeper among the woods, along other deceased white witches. their 'haven' (thanks to taehyung), is like a typical flower garden: walls and the roof; yep, all covered with all sorts of botanical beings. nobody suspects it as a cemetery of white witches-which taehyung is glad for-so it remains unbothered.

taehyung visits her whenever he can and tries to find his mother's witch book.

according to the books he read about the half side of his race, a witch book is a book of the witches that tells and shows the most important events that happened in a white witch's life. whenever someone reads it, they are automatically summoned and redirected into that particular moment in a white witch's life that they want to see and witness the events first hand. cool right?

but as cool as it may seem, the book is extremely difficult to find. some books say that you can possibly find it through the locations that a white witch has been. firstly, every white witch's book vary of it's cover, but one thing is for sure: covers will represent a white witch's element ability: fire, water, air, or earth. so if a white witch's ability is earth, then most likely the book will be embellished with flowers, trees, vines, and all sorts.

the most important of them all, the cover should have the carvings of magna album pythonissam.

he needs to find that book! all the assumptions and conclusions are making him lost and is drifting away. (taehyung's also hoping that he'll find his along the way, if there is one of course.)

he didn't know the reason specifically why his mother became involved, it kind of angered him. but on the other side, he tried to understand, doing those forgive and forget shit. but it frustrates him just thinking what the actual reason was.

'ah, my head hurts. maybe i'll just a short nap and—'

his thoughts were cut off when he heard screaming downstairs, a bad feeling settling down his stomach.

he rain down the stairs-each step had the sets of woods wailing in agony-like his life depended on it, only to bump with seokjin, looking as confused and scared as he is.

they both ran outside, the chaos shocking them.

wolves.

taehyung and seokjin went to separate ways to help. taehyung spotted his father being pinned by a gray wolf that showed his sharp and long fangs.

"papa!"

he shouted and set aside his fear as he pushed the wolf with all the strength he has and helped his father up. the wolf was snarling at him.

"d-don't come any closer!" his voice quivered a little, tensing when the wolf took a step forward and howled. multiple vines grew as his fear raised.

"papa! go inside!"

"are you out of your mind?! i can't leave you here taehyung!"

"please!"

"no i can—"

taehyung cuts off his father's words and pulled him into the house. shouting about how he can handle this, shutting the door loudly while shouting apologies. some of the wolves seem to retreat but some continued attacking. a few of his father's men were limping and had serious injuries, as well as some of the wolves. he saw seokjin screaming while being dragged by his shirt. where the fuck are they taking him?!

"seokjin hyung!"

"taehyung don't! you'll get hurt!"

but taehyung didn't listen, he caught a grip on seokjin's arm and pulled, even though it seemed like it has no effect.

"fucking let go of him!!!" he screamed on top of his lungs.

a wolf with golden fur knocked him down and tackled him. taehyung found it hard to fight back with the strength the wolf has. but luckily, he managed to push the wolf to his left and pinned the wolf down with the help of the thick vines that he grew. he ran to follow his hyung and pulling on his arm again.

"hyung, hyung, come on!"

then he felt someone wrap their arms around his waist.

"taehyung!"

was the last he heard and everything went black.

—————