18. 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶

"taehyung?"

"taehyung?"

"what?" taehyung looked at jeongguk. the true blood had been fidgety ever since breakfast and he seemed like out of place.

"is there something wrong?" taehyung sat in front of him and caressed the side of his face. "you're not sick, are you?"

"no no," jeongguk swore and put his hand on top on taehyung's.

"then what? you've been out of yourself."

"i, do you want to move in with me?" jeongguk asked, eyes wide.

"we'll share rooms?"

"yeah."

"okay."

"what do you mean 'okay'?" jeongguk asked once more, like he couldn't believe what the other just said.

"okay," taehyung repeated. "i'll move in with you."

"you're....not gonna deny my request?"

"why would i?" taehyung chuckled. "there's nothing wrong with that."

"i thought you'll get mad."

"silly." taehyung stood up. "you wanna start now or...?"

"come on!"

—————

"taehyung?"

"what now?"

"do you want to go to the city? like a modern date?"

taehyung stopped at that. he was not ready to go there just yet. he knows jeongguk doesn't mean no harm, but that fact that he what happened before truly affected how he sees people in urban areas once again, he couldn't risk himself of feeling that experience again.

"no." taehyung turned his back at the true blood, mood going sullen all of the sudden.

"why?" jeongguk held his shoulders and spun him around so that he could face him.

"no, just no."

"then why, taehyung? why do you look so... frightened?"

"it doesn't matter," taehyung shrugged jeongguk's hands from him. "i'm not kidding."

"why won't you tell me? do you not trust me?"

"it's not that..." taehyung sighed. "you know what? forget it. don't bother me." taehyung walked out of jeongguk's face.

"hey! wait!"

jeongguk caught up to taehyung. jeongguk was really curious. the fact that taehyung won't tell him anything and blatantly shrugs off the conversation regarding visiting the city was not helping.

he wanted to know what made taehyung think like that. to act like that. he wanted to show taehyung that he'll protect him, whatever it costs.

but it seems that it wasn't working out for jeongguk.

'god, i made him mad.'

"taehyung look—"

"leave me alone jeongguk. i don't want to talk right now." taehyung didn't even spare him a glance and just continued walking ahead.

—————

taehyung laid on jeongguk's bed—or rather, their bed—for hours now, not in the spirit to get move.

'do you not trust me?'

jeongguk's words kept ringing in his head and jeongguk's defeated look was not easing the pent up emotions he'd been keeping at all.

it's not like he didn't trust the true, not at all. in fact, taehyung did trust him with all of his heart.

he couldn't just bring himself to say those sickening events that had taehyung's stomach turning upside down, no matter how tried to do so.

he'd spent hours, thinking about how's he ready to say it. but whenever he would face the other, the words just get stuck in the back of his throat.

fearing that jeongguk will not see him again the way he used to.

a tear fell.

he hated that he was so damn feverish. he should be over that years ago.

and yet he was here again, crying his eyes out.

as taehyung continued to wallow in his misery, the door opened and revealing jeongguk with a worried expression on his face.

jeongguk gently sat on the bed and held his mate's shaking shoulders.

he lied down and hugged taehyung from behind.

"baby? hey, hey. it's alright." jeongguk soothed out, his voice calming taehyung for a bit.

"i'm sorry for forcing you for trying to tell me," jeongguk started. "i... i should have understood and grasped the situation better. i said things that made you feel worse." jeongguk hugged the other tighter.

"i'm sorry. i'll wait for you when you're ready to pour it out, even if it takes a thousand years for you to say it. but no matter what happens, just know that i'll still love you the same."

couple of minutes had past and jeongguk saw no signs of taehyung reacting.

jeongguk removed his arms around him and sat up. he rubbed the back of taehyung's head.

"i'll leave you alone, okay? i think you need more time. just don't hesitate call me when you need me, i'll be right here." jeongguk smiled although taehyung couldn't see it.

he was about to stand up when taehyung grabbed his arm. jeongguk looked back and saw taehyung's state: eyes read and face blotted with tears.

"stay." he muttered out shakily.

"stay, please."

"alright, alright. 'm not going anywhere, baby."

jeongguk embraced the other, his chest filling with pride when taehyung let out a relieved sigh.

"y-you mean it?" taehyung croaked out, voice filled with distress. "t-that you'll still l-love me? even if i t-told you?"

"i mean it, will all my heart."

—————