26. 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶

taehyung woke up pretty late and was dumbfounded when the clock read '9:50 a

taehyung woke up pretty late and was dumbfounded when the clock read '9:50 a.m.'.

if it wasn't for the almost unbearable ache on his shoulder, he would've woken up on a much later time.

deciding to feed his snarling stomach, taehyung went to do his morning routine—that includes watering his precious plants.

afterwards, he went downstairs and was greeted with everyone at the table.

"morning, taehyung!" jimin greeted him with a cheery voice.

"morning..." taehyung trailed off once he spotted jeongguk and avoided the other's gaze.

"you're just in time for breakfast!" seokjin suddenly appeared at his side, holding a plate of steaming bean sprout rice.

"everyone woke up late...?" taehyung asked, bewildered.

"the night was young last night, i guess." namjoon answered. "it was too much to take for some."

"oh," taehyung replied, feeling guilty all of the sudden.

"don't beat yourself to it," yoongi assured him.

"what's important is everything's fine now!" hoseok said with a beaming smile.

"enough talking, let's eat!" seokjin interrupted and sat beside namjoon. taehyung scanned the table and only to find out that there were no vacant seats aside the one besides jeongguk.

'guess i have no choice.'

taehyung made his way next to the true blood with little steps and made himself comfortable as he sat down.

he was feeling kind of self conscious with jeongguk being a few inches beside him, but he shrugged it off nevertheless.

soon enough, everyone started filling their hollow plates.

taehyung filled his with the bean sprout rice, seasoned kelp, kimchi, rice and some cucumber soup.

he was also waiting for the grilled short ribs to be passed to him and turns out jeongguk was the one holding it for a moment.

just when taehyung was about to reach out for the grilled ribs (he figured out jeongguk was done), jeongguk silently turned to his side and starts to put the appetizing dish on taehyung's plate.

taehyung flushed red.

"are those enough?" jeongguk's voice snapped him out of his thoughts.