12. 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

taehyung's heart was still beating erratically as he laid on his bed and hugging a pillow close to his chest, thinking of the events that happened

the fact that jeongguk let him rest his head on the true blood's lap as minjun tackled him down.

taehyung was ready to be yelled out by the other and even push his away harshly.

but it never happened.

instead, jeongguk looked at him; those deep dark orbs stating right back at him intently.

like he meant something to the other.

taehyung chuckled at himself. silly.

but nevertheless, he appreciated that he and jeongguk are able to spend a somewhat intimate moment that they shared. it was the closest serious connection that they probably had.

and that was enough to put taehyung at ease.

—————

to say that taehyung was perplexed and bewildered the next morning was an understatement.

taehyung was having the time of his sitting on the dining room table all by himself as he sipped on his tea when the sound of chair legs scraped right beside him that startled him, only to find jeongguk settling himself right next to him with his usual banana milk and raisin bread.

taehyung silently watched the other with eyes wide and mouth agape.

jeongguk only quirked a brow at him.

"good morning to you too." was all jeongguk said.

taehyung was so used to jeongguk throwing insults and snickers whenever they crossed paths ever since day one that he found himself unable to comprehend what the true blood just said.

'this is too good to be true.' he thought. 'i'm hearing things correctly, right?'

after taehyung came back to his senses, he flushed a soft pink as he looked down at his tea and muttered a quiet "g-good morning."

he could hear the jeongguk chuckle beside him and taehyung found the sound absolutely adorable, even if he embarrassed himself in front of the other.

as if to save taehyung from his internal crisis, jimin came tumbling from the kitchen with a small brown basket in his hands that taehyung reminded of little red riding hood.

"good morning taehyungie!" jimin greeted the other, voice filled with energy first thing in the morning.

only then jimin noticed the man beside taehyung. "and oh, good morning jeongguk."