29. 𝘪'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘤𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 (part i.)

; 𝟐 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐞 ;

"say, gguk."

"hmm?"

"will you tell me more of your kind?"

for the time being, taehyung was seated on their shared bed, back resting against the headboard as his gaze followed jeongguk who was wiping his hair dry after a relaxing shower.

throughout the day, taehyung only watched jeongguk work out and prepare for the upcoming battle that has yet to come.

it was endearing to watch jeongguk all sweaty, face sharp and void of emotions as he centered all of his attention to the makeshift figure that served as the opponent.

taehyung fully understood why jeongguk and his pack earned such title.

by observing jeongguk's moves and strategies, he was relentless yet swift; rapid but rigorous; pace well thought yet expeditious.

on the other hand, jeongguk was surely hot as hell.

the way sweat would roll and glisten his smooth, flexing muscles.

and taehyung thought no one would be able to make such appearance so pleasingly sexy and beautiful at the same time. so unfair.

whenever they would observe and visit the pack training grounds, jeongguk was austere, voice venomous yet gentle and filled with authority as he rebuked and supported his men. he would sometimes lead them and teach them strategies himself.

with those actions, taehyung was reminded of li shang from mulan when they started training to defeat the huns.

taehyung was sure he could hear li shang singing 'i'll make a man out of you' inside his head.

back to the present, jeongguk finally sat down next to taehyung.

"i thought you're sleepy?"

"i guess the thought kept me awake," taehyung chuckled. "plus, i really curious."

"well," jeongguk started. "let's start first with the ranks?" jeongguk asked and taehyung nodded.

"we have the alpha, beta and omega. those are the three main ranks and technically, alphas are the highest rank and who usually rules a pack. omegas are the lowest rank, but we can't say that they're weak or useless. rather, they are greatly appreciated for being able to produce strong pups.