27. 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘩, 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶

"jeongguk, we have to talk

"jeongguk, we have to talk." namjoon sternly said the moment he entered jeongguk's office.

the true blood snapped his head at the other's voice, clearly not expecting namjoon's intrusion.

"where's taehyung?"

"back at the pack house...?" jeongguk answered, confused. "what do you want to talk about, anyway? and why are you looking for taehyung?" jeongguk started to shot namjoon question after question.

"clones want taehyung."

"what?"

"you heard me right." namjoon sighed.

"where did you even get that idea?" jeongguk raised a brow at him.

namjoon slumped down a piece of stained red paper on jeongguk's desk.

as jeongguk read the information written on the bloodied sheet, namjoon ought to explain everything.

"seokjin found that along with the bullet that shot taehyung and there's nobody else who would want a white witch in their possession." namjoon watched as jeongguk's face morphed into an angered expression.

namjoon then furrowed his brows, suddenly remembering something.

"i heard that when taehyung was shot, seokjin said you went behind to find the culprit?"

"i didn't find anyone," jeongguk answered truthfully. "i couldn't even smell that someone was there."

"the witch that warned us was right," jeongguk spoke after a brief silence. "tell the patrollers to have a more strict security within the pack boundary, monitor and report to me anything suspicious." jeongguk ordered.

"the witch said in about three weeks before the clones would attack?" jeongguk asked and namjoon nodded.

"okay, let the captain know to train the fighters starting tomorrow and prepare for a big threat three weeks from now."

"but what about the alliances?"

"i'll handle that."

"yes, alpha." namjoon nodded at him. "but what about taehyung?"

"he shouldn't know." jeongguk looked away from namjoon.

"jeongguk, listen to me." namjoon told him. "he has a right to know. if we keep things from him then things might get worse than it should be. i'm saying this as a hyung to the both of you. he deserves to know."

jeongguk ran a hand through his hair, things were beginning to stress him out. but namjoon's words did make sense.

"but, don't speak or bring up anything about it. i want to be the one to tell him."

namjoon looked at jeongguk with an unsure expression before he sighed. jeongguk can be a little hardheaded sometimes.

"i trust you on this, jeongguk. but don't get too long before you could tell him."