08. 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘪 𝘢𝘮 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨

twilight and silence soon dawned upon the northern corona pack

twilight and silence soon dawned upon the northern corona pack. no cloud in the deep dark skies to be seen,  but was rather filled with the planet's twinkling silver flames under the thick-thatched branches green.

jeongguk finally arrived by the pack house shortly after dinner; nostrils flaring at the delicious scent that caused his empty stomach to groan, waiting to be filled. he figured out that the others just finished their meals not long ago, the food still fresh and hot.

jeongguk and yoongi ate together in silence, the sounds of utensils clanking against the ceramic plates echoed the entire room.

the silence were pretty much comforting for the two men; having a long day at different packs to visit were exhausting and they just want to snuggle under their covers and sleep throughout the day. good thing that there were actually no plans for tomorrow.

the only thing left to do after dinner was to patrol the pack. jeongguk haven't done that for a while.

after finishing his plate, washed their dishes—which yoongi whistled at him, saying that jeongguk could be a great housewife that made jeongguk roll his eyes at the playful behavior— and went up to his room to freshen up and change. 

along his way, he couldn't smell the scent of wild flowers (particularly lavender) that his mate emitted when he passed the other's room.

'why am i even caring about that witch anyway?'

once jeongguk was done with his business, he changed into more comfortable clothing that consisted of black joggers and a white shirt.

he checked the clock and it read 7:30, which was the perfect time to go strolling around.

jeongguk went out his room (his mind was nagging about why he can't smell the witch's scent) and passing by yoongi's door.

"hyung," jeongguk knocked against the door. "you gonna come patrolling with me today?" he asked.

a groan answered followed by a "just wanna sleep."

"alright," he laughed. "but next time you're in charge."

he laughed once more when the older replied. "leave me alone."

—————

jeongguk was glad he decided to go out this time.

it seems like the night was young, no noise could be heard that contrasted the particularly busy homes. the sky were filled with twinkling stars, jeongguk tried to spot multiple constellations that went to his head, but failed along the way.

he greeted fellow pack members that were assigned with the patrolling that passed along the way and with them doing the same.

jeongguk was happy he hadn't encountered problems like black witches and hunters trying to pass through the boarders and cause havoc for the entire pack.