30. 𝘪'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘤𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 (part ii.)

; 𝟏𝟔 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐞 ;

to say taehyung was nervous was an understatement.

he might seem excited or confident to face this fight, he can't help but feel edgy as the hours decrease.

and the fact that his proposal to jeongguk was not helping his situation at all.

maybe he shouldn't even had mentioned it and let jeongguk and his men do their own thing, jeongguk had already allowed him to come along.

"no," taehyung whispered to himself. "we're doing it and that's final."

taehyung paced around their room, deep in thought that he didn't notice the room opening.

and that's when he remembered something.

"baby?" jeongguk snapped him out of his thoughts. "is there something wrong?"

"jeongguk, where's the telephone?" taehyung certainly did not answer jeongguk's interrogation.

"uh, on the living room...?" jeongguk answered skeptically.

"okay, thanks!"

before jeongguk could ask once more, taehyung was already out of the room.

as taehyung descended downstairs, he immediately spotted the telephone just on the cabinets beside the television.

he placed the telephones's handset on his ear and dialed a number he knew too well.

after a couple of rings, the person on the other line spoke up.

"hello?" the voice answered.

"dad? it's taehyung and i need your help."

—————

; 𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐞 ;

to everyone's dismay and expectations, the day flew by absolutely fast, the clock now eleven at night.

taehyung was seated on their bed and jeongguk was out to make sure his men were ready to go and checking whether everything is going along with their plan.

jeongguk mentioned that since they'll mostly engage the battle with their wolf forms, extra clothes will only be bought.

jeongguk insisted taehyung to add a layer or two of clothing for himself but taehyung declined, saying that he'll be fine with a thick cotton sweater.