07. 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯

after the incident with jeongguk, the day flew fast and taehyung found the following events quite pallid

currently, he was staring at the ceiling of his room, thinking about the events that happened.

it was still quite unbelievable for him; he was just relaxing in his room back home, then he was taken to this pack, meet his mate, and was forced to stay here for a very long time.

the thought of his mate deflated his mood.

"don't get too worked up, witch."

honestly, it hurt a lot when he let out those nasty words.

he feels like jeongguk was pushing him away.

refusing to accept that he had a witch as a mate.

taehyung had tears brimming in his eyes. for all he thought that his so-called mate will cherish and love him at the end of time, crushed his hopes and left him broken on the cold ground.

though he didn't know jeongguk that well and only to hear bits of information when people talked about the true blood wolf, he wanted to know him better; discover his deepest secrets, what he adores, what he hated, make him smile, laugh and everything.

taehyung smiled at the thought.

it wouldn't hurt if they'll try to make it work, do they?

taehyung sighed, wiped the tears threatening to fall and composed himself.

if jeongguk's for him, then jeongguk will be his somehow.

—————

as the sun engulfed the world with its brightest rays the following day, taehyung woke up a bit earlier than expected.

taehyung was glad that the sunlight didn't blind him while he was sleeping first thing in the morning; he appreciated the yellow orange and reddish hues that the horizon displays more when twilight starts to fall on his balcony.

he hadn't planned on rising from his futon anytime soon, so he slid back under the thick layers of the duvet and closed his eyes once more.

he was close to falling on a slumber when a knock resounded the room.

taehyung groaned loudly. he didn't want to face anyone as of now, especially jeongguk.

he planned on ignoring the smashing on his door, but the longer he tried to neglect it, the more aggressive the knocks became.

"taehyung?"

taehyung recognized that voice muffled voice to be jimin.