15. 𝘪'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨

two weeks had gone by in the blink of an eye for the newfound mates

taehyung and jeongguk were inseparable; jeongguk, as promised, really did his best to make it up for taehyung by courting the boy and did a lot of interesting stuff so the other could be happy.

taehyung was entertained to say the least, jeongguk did pretty interesting things—from being the sweetest boy by picking him purple anemones (his favorite flower) to being a savage hunter by bringing him a fresh carcass of a goat for dinner.

although they haven't moved rooms with each other, they took turns in sleeping in each other's room; taehyung whining everytime the sun blinded his face whenever he slept at the true blood's room. jeongguk would always laugh it off by pulling taehyung close and saying he could be his 'sun ray shield'.

jeongguk once put the whole pack in a state of panic when he couldn't find taehyung anywhere. even so, the pack was amused to see their leader in a troubled state as he ran around the territory to search for the missing boy.

jeongguk even ordered his sleeping men who was sleeping that time to find the boy. only to find him playing with bunnies just meters away the border.

but amidst the chaos that jeongguk went, the two mostly spent their time knowing each other more and familiarizing with each other's arms to the point that even with the silence consuming them, it was comforting for the both of them.

those two weeks were a great progress and the happiest.

"taehyuuuuuuuunngg," jeongguk whined.

currently, they were at the hill again as they savored the fresh breeze and adored the lovely view after.

and jeongguk was not pleased at all.

taehyung had his back turned from jeongguk was ignoring him for minutes as he played with doves. taehyung kept talking to those doves, making jeongguk think that the other had actually the ability to talk with animals.

"taehyuuunggg." jeongguk kept rolling over on his back and nudging taehyung's side.

"you're supposed to spend time with me! not some bird." jeongguk pouted and whined childishly.

"i see your face every second," taehyung muttered. "i need a break."

jeongguk fumed at that. the audacity of the other to laugh at him cutely.

"jeongguk stop bitching. you look like an overgrown kid reprimanding me to replace your ice cream."

"don't play with your birds!" jeongguk huffed and taehyung only laughed at him.

'that's it.'

"hyung."

taehyung stopped at that.

"what did you just call me?"

"hyung," jeongguk snickered. "will you notice me now, hyung?"

"jeongguk stop." it was now taehyung who was whining. jeongguk knew the other hated it when he called him 'hyung'.

"hyung hyung hyung hyung hyung."

taehyung now faced him, a blush adorning on his cheeks.

"stop. it sounds weird." taehyung gruffed.

jeongguk tackled the other with a hug, both sending them lying on the grassy floor.

they both looked at each other's eyes.

"hyung." jeongguk said.

"i hate you."

"of course you don't." jeongguk laughed, his eyes crinkling and nose scrunching cutely that taehyung grown to love.

despite being a strict and a merciless leader, jeongguk had this playful and kind aura. and despite having responsibilities stacked on him, he was still a child that needs love and attention. taehyung promised himself to cherish this boy forever.

taehyung kissed jeongguk's cheek, which shocked the other.

"you said no kisses."

"i can break my rules."

"can i kiss you too?"

"no."

"pleeeeaasseee?"

"no."

"why?"

"cause i said so."

"your unfair, hyung."

"stop that."

"not until you let me kiss you." jeongguk smirked.

"you're such a brat." taehyung pouted. he knew the other would keep calling him that cursed word until he gets what he want.

jeongguk only shot him a toothy smile, as if he won himself some prize.

jeongguk claimed taehyung's lips with his, loving how his lips tasted of his strawberry lip balm.

god, it was intoxicating jeongguk.

they pulled away after taehyung softly pushing the true blood so he could breathe.

jeongguk watched as the other took in deep huffs of breath, loving how he could make him wrecked and putty on his hands.

gazing upon his mate, jeongguk thought everything about him was just beautiful. he can never thank the moon goddess enough for giving him a mate like taehyung to be only his.

and jeongguk can never get used to the feeling of butterflies in his stomach whenever taehyung was near. or how his heart skips a beat whenever he gets to hold him close and never letting go.

and so, they spent the whole day basking in each other once more.

—————