{ 4 } The smell of fish

Normal POV

As the fire-elemental turned to leave the room, he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks.

"I smell something fishy... Like a broken arm..."

The Ice manipulator's heart almost skipped a beat. Uh-oh...

The fire manipulator scanned his brother's eyes. Detecting a quick blink and revert of eyeballs, he inhaled deeply and tugged at his brother's pillow.

"I sense fear... Lend me this pillow, just wanna observe"

"No!" Ice instantly grabbed his brother's arms and wrapped them onto his body. "Don't peek into my space!"

________________________

"Ice, by saying that, you are giving Blaze more prompts that you are hiding something!"

"Shut up!"

________________________

"Hm...Meh!" The fire-elemental flipped the pillow around and touched it. "Geeez! Did you wet your bed?"

Ice slowly opened his eyes and heaved a sigh of relief. The ice had melted away. There was a tint of disappointment in Blaze's eyes.

"Guess you are innocent... but you will still have to heed to my exercise routine!" he snorted as he pushed a rolled-up paper to his brother.

Ice received the paper and unrolled it, revealing it rolling on the ground for a few metres.

"Why is it so long?"

"Because you are that fat Ice! Don't be lazy! Let's go!" Blaze cheery shout seemed to erase all suspicion that built in previously. However, when Blaze tried to grab his brother's right arm...

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!! Ice lost his arm!!!"

_________________________

"See what I mean... A big mouth..."

_________________________

The Ice manipulator had to slap a screaming Blaze to his senses. "Shush! It will regenerate!"

"AND IT CAN REGENERATE! GHOST!! GET OUT OF MY BROTHER'S BODY!!!"

Sigh... fast forward to after Ice revealed his secret...

As the pair prepared to exit the house for the exercise, they felt a cough behind them...

"What is all that ruckus up there?" Quake had his arms akimbo on his stained apron.

"Nothing Mama... we got to run." Ice got up and jogged away in a frenzy.

"What has gotten to him?" Quake turned to the fire- elemental.

"You just have to know the smell of fish to find out!" Blaze skipped after his brother.

"What can a fish be doing in my house?" the earth elemental thought to himself as he watched the twins jog to the park...