{ 14 } What a match

90 (+5) minute...

"GOALLLL!!!!!! The red devils make the score 10-nil! And what a buccaneering run from a defender!"

"Haha! Told ya bro!" Blaze fist bumped his chilly brother as he carried him in the air.

"Nice job, ais!"

"Great goal, ais!"

"I think you are gonna steal my man of the match title, ais!"

Finally, Ice felt the attention and love as he made his mark for the second time in the match, the first being a header and the second being an overhead weak foot kick.

...

"Now!"

...

"Blaze! Catch!" the once- depressed Ice manipulator made a deadly cross into the box for his brother to jump on.

However...

"Ow! What a foul by Eric Kingston! Let's watch that replay! Whoo! What the hell is he thinking? A kick right to the stomach! And the referee raises... his red card!"

"Ref! I am sure he was diving!"

"No! That was obviously a foul!"

"Shut up you ***********!!!"

"Get out of here!"

Amid all the chaos happening now, Ice's fixate his attention onto a groaning Blaze.

"Blaze... " tears of regret flowed down his eyes.

...

"The referee awards a penalty! Now who is going to step up?"

...

"I will!" Wiping his tears off his eyes, the Ice manipulator stood up and returned from the medical stand, his gaze more determined than ever.

Beep!

"Iniadalahuntuk Blaze saya! (This is for my Blaze!)" Ice muttered as he delivered a curved shot into the net.

"What a cool head!! A hat trick by a defender! What a final! Wait! What the hell is Kingston up to again? Why is he rising from his seat? Ouch! Not again! He is definitely suspended for the next season!"

"*********!!! The trophy is mine!!" Kingston continuously kicked Ice in the shoulders before being manhandled by the security guards.

"Argh..." Ice rolled over in agony, unable to get up.

"If you got the guts, find me in the tunnel after the match!" With that, the opposition captain got dragged away, leaving Ice to be carried to the medical stand...

________________

"Gee... what a way to end the match..."

"Hope that guy goes to hell!"

________________

Soon, the team lifted the trophy after smashing their opponents with a record breaking lead by 11 goals. Even Blaze and Ice were back on their feet. However, not everything was settled, yet.

"Where is the toilet?" Ice jumped around, unable to hold his urine in any longer.

"Past the tunnel, down the stairs." a match official replied.

God damn! Past the tunnel? You will never know what lurks in there... Oh well, when you have to go, you have to go!

______________

"How bad was it?"

"Till he had to be hospitalised..."

"Shucks!"

______________

The Ice manipulator hugged himself as he sauntered through the dark and empty tunnel. The moon had already taken over from the sun, the frosty summer night settling in, causing chills in every part of Ice's body.

There, the stairs to the toilet were just right ahead, all he needed was a few more steps...

Bang!

"Think of escaping, love dove?" Kingston slammed the railings of the stairs, scaring Ice out of his wits. As Kingston took menacing steps forward, he wore a serious and vehemous face, intimidating Ice to take a few steps back as well.

"My team has held onto that title for a decade straight. And you were cheeky enough to prise it off my hands. It is not in an admirable way but more in a cheating manner. Dive to score... What kind of a player are you? Huh?"

Ice shuddered at the shill size of the advancing bully, before bumping into his (Kingston's) teammates behind.

"Finish him off!" Kingston smiled with a tint of evil in his eyes. Squatting down to face Ice, he whispered, "Any last words?"

.

.

"He is not alone!" 

.

A glowing fireball lit up the entire tunnel. "Leave him alone!"

"B-blaze?"

"Pick someone your own size!" the fire elemental cracked his knuckles as he summoned his fire shackles.

"Pffff! You are as small as a rodent! Swarm him!"

A bat smashed Blaze right in the eye, making him stunned momentarily.

"Attack!!!!!!!"

Blows of punches and torrents of kicks rained down on the fire elemental, replacing skin with bloodied flesh.

The Ice elemental could not bear to witness his brother getting beaten up so badly. Rivulets of tears swept down his cheeks. Ice stood up and let out a battlecry, leaping into the swarm.

However, the same fate was met to him, until...

"Stop! Freeze!!!"

________________

"And can you guess who it was that so bravely saved the day? Me! Solar! And with the optical shot straight to the swarm! Whooo! Not only the best baller but also the GOAT on the battlefield!"

________________

As the brothers intervened and took care of Kingston and his team, Ice used whatever energy he had left and crawled over to the motionless fire manipulator.

"Blaze...please..." Ice could only whimper before falling dark onto his brother...

...