{ 13 } Oh my goal!

Adjusting his captain armband, Quake looked up to Solar. "The ref's gonna blow at any minute. You ready?"

"Heh! More than ever!" Solar remarked as he jumped around, excited as ever. "Just watch this! I have it in my head!"

Beep!

Stretching into position, the light elemental smirked as he received the ball from his captain. "Here goes nothing!"

Slam!

GOALLLL!!!!!!!

_________________

"Haha! Right from half court! Have you ever wondered about my sweet vision?"

"Pfff! Solar, don't get too cocky about that fifty yard goal. You haven't seen what others can do..."

"Above all, the magnificent Solar lights up the match with his unimaginable 50 yard curler into the top right corner of the net! This brought the whole stadium to their feet! Ah... This sensation is unforgettable!"

"..."

________________

Alright, time skip to half-time!

Quake heaved a sigh of relief as he tumbled to the floor in the dressing room. "Wonderful job guys! It is only 45 minutes and we are leading by five goals!"

"And I did not get trampled by Kingston at all!" Thorn did a self- celebratory dance at a corner, hugging his beloved gloves in his arms. "The hands of god..."

Cough!

"Thorn! What makes you think you can steal the Man of the Match position from me? I scored two goals, higher than the likes of Blaze, Cyclone and Thunder!" Solar stood annoyed in front of his younger brother, arms akimbo.

"Haha! Nice one!" Cyclone laughed as he walked over, emptying his water bottle into his mouth. "You do know goalkeepers seldom do receive the highest recognition in a game right?" Cyclone remarked to the smile on Solar and a developing frown on Thorn. "Neither do the midfielders... Only strikers like me deserve all the fame and glory!" This made the light elemental sink onto the bench with Thorn.

"Stop depriving others of morale Taufli!!" Thunderstorm sauntered over and twisted his partner's ear.

"Ouch! Ow!! Sorry if I offend you Hali, but wingers like you also deserve no recognition!"

"APA?!" The lightning elemental shot a dead bloody stare into the frightened blue eyes of the wind manipulator, who managed to wriggle out of his grasp. "Come here you!!"

"Pfff... the pitch is already loud? Why must you guys be louder?" Blaze muttered to himself as he scanned the dressing room, shaking his head in dismay. There, in another corner, was Yaya trying to give out her cookies to the rest of the players. As his orange eyes flew over the room, he noticed a familiar figure meandering at the exit. "Eh... Ice?"

The fire elemental dashed after his brother. "Ice... Ice?"

The winterboy peered under his hood. Noticing his brother behind him, he stopped and turned.

"Ice... What's wrong? Is it really that cold?" the usual troublemaker observed his brother's pale face, a worried sign spreading across his face.

"N-nothing..." the ice elemental spoke, letting out a frost out of his mouth with every breath he took.

"Woah! You sure you're alright? It is summer right now..." Blaze's face was full of confusion and concern. What on earth is wrong with his brother?

"Look, ais... I do not know what in the world is happening to you right now... but if you are about to change the weather, please don't. I will ensure the ball is passed to you and that you get the man of the match title. And-"

Wrapping his arms around his brother, Ice smiled as he absorbed the warmth his brother provided for him. "That won't be necessary... as long as I got you..."

The fire elemental face suddenly got hot red, his eyes almost bulging out of its sockets.

"Don't worry... I'm here... " Blaze whispered softly into his brother's ears and made contact with his brother's dry and smooth lips. I love you...

"Hm... See that two lovely doves over there? Make sure that one of them gets a broken leg! No one is gonna get away with my trophy!" Kingston scoffed and led his subordinates towards the tunnel. "Understand?"

"Yes boss!"

_________________

"I sense something bad..."

_________________