{ 19 } Harsh reality

(Present time)

"Ice... are you still with me?"

"Y-yeah..." The Ice elemental slouched into the armchair, placing a pillow on his head to hide his red eyes, ignoring the stares of his brothers. The brothers looked at one another and nodded. Standing up, they left the room to discuss their next course of action.

"Should we just leave him to settle? It's frustrating that he is not responding to our aid. I mean even getting him to narrate his affair with Blaze is a failure..." Thunderstorm seemed grouchy and complained.

"Thundy! We are brothers and we are supposed to help one another! So, we will stick to our plan until we see a change in Ice! Understood?" Quake stood in for his brother, showing a look of pure determination. "Any suggestions?"

"Why not employ our own methods? I mean it is more effective without having to argue whose one is the best..." Solar lay on the sofa, playing with his fingers. "Anyway, I will go last since I know my plan will surely work! Go work out some trial and error while I contemplate his condition..."

Plan A (Thunderstorm)

The crimson eyed being walked motionlessly into the room, grunting along the way.

Maybe showing signs of exasperation will get him to listen... Thunderstorm thought to himself.

Staring at his 'bedridden' brother, the lightning elemental asked, "How long is it going to take before you become yourself again?"

No response~

"Argh! What do you want? Another whale? A football signed by Ronaldo? A BJ?" The lightning manipulator crossed his arms and tapped his legs while waiting for his brother's reply.

After what seemed like an eternity, his brother finally decided to turn over and removed the sheets of blankets which covered his face and arms, revealing a series of cuts and a teary face. "I just want Blaze..."

"ARGHHH!!! Damn it! I give up! Taufli, you are up!!!" Thunderstorm glared at his brother before storming out of the room.

Plan B (Cyclone and Thorn)

"I think we should go with my idea!" Cyclone stood next to his younger brother, arms akimbo.

"No! Mine is definitely the better one!" Thorn shrugged off his brother's comments.

"Ish! You are young and naive! You have no experience in comforting people!" Cyclone targeted at the lead elemental's mental wellbeing.

"Tebelakan! Bodoh! Susu!" Thorn started to sprout out random words.

"Hey! Don't shout at me!" Cyclone was really upset. Looks like the absence of Blaze really shook up the spirit of the 'Three-Awesome-Dudes' gang.

"Are you guys really thinking of entertaining him with a drama?" Quake rolled his eyes while walking in. "I think you guys should think of your plan first!"

After ushering his squabbling brothers out, Quake gave Ice the most reassuring smile he could ever have and handed him a self-made cake. "Your favourite Ice!"

The Ice manipulator just took a look at the cake and slumped back into the bed.

Not giving up, Quake projected his power watch onto a wall. "Our friends are waiting for you Ice. They are very concerned about your health!"

"I don't want to speak to anyone..." The Ice elemental turned to the other side of the bed, leaving the Earth elemental disappointed.

Suddenly, the door jerked open. "Don't worry Mama! We got a plan!"

The duo was back, then with a more efficient plan.

"Come on bro! Let's ball!"

However, the Ice elemental still did not move a muscle.

"Guess we have to carry you to the field then!" the brothers lifted their brother up and started making a beeline for their destination.

...