In Your Arms Tonight

a/n: more reylo trash because I am, indeed, reylo trash.  this takes place a year or so after my alternate ending of tros, so if you haven't read that yet just scroll back a few chapters and take a look! :) also this whole thing took me way too long to write because i am incredibly bad at staying focused on one thing at a time and i bounce from project to project way too easily so i apologize that i haven't updated in a long time.  it's really hard for me to commit to anything eheh...

ALSO

after writing this i was like hey... this would be... kinda cool... as a full length... fanfic........ so after you guys read it lmk what you think and if you would like this ben/rey solo dynamic with a First Order-less galaxy idea! again, i'm bad at committing to things, so idk if i would be able to update regularly if i decided to expand it but i'd love to hear your thoughts! this was a crazy long a/n so i apologize, enjoy, my jellybeans! :)

 so after you guys read it lmk what you think and if you would like this ben/rey solo dynamic with a First Order-less galaxy idea! again, i'm bad at committing to things, so idk if i would be able to update regularly if i decided to expand it but ...

VISUALS!! :D

VISUALS!! :D

Rey strolled down the bustling marketplace street. The colored street lamps cast a friendly, warm glow that bounced off of glimmering wares and illuminated the cobblestone beneath her boots. The night sky on this planet was exceptionally bright, pinpricked with a thousand stars and three large moons that always filled the sky, day or night. The air was saturated with spiced, tantalizing scents that drew your attention to stall after stall. Rey took a deep breath through her nose, eyes closed, drinking in the atmosphere. She let the breath out with a grin, dark eyes alight with happiness. Aliens of all species meandered around her, bartering and laughing and gossiping. She lightly stepped out of the way as a group of younglings hurtled by in search of sweets, the smile on her face matching the children's. The grin on her lips slipped away, her task at hand suddenly remembered. With a sigh, she ducked into an alleyway where the street lights' glow did not dare enter.

The alley was dank and reeked like a trash heap at the height of noon. Rey wrinkled up her nose in a feeble attempt to breathe fresh air.

"How on all of Jakku it could smell so good out there but stink so bad in—" a large, rough hand grabbed her arm and yanked her backwards. She knocked into a massive, muscular body and stumbled, off balance. Now two hands held her upright, steadying her. A wry smile toyed at her lips. "Mr. Solo..."