L I L A C Pt.2

"You know I always have your back."

I took a picture of the brand which looked like the number 7 and showed it to Sage as soon as I got home.
She chuckled, "That's the same brand that bitch with the rat dog had on her hip." She replied seasoning the steak.
"That's good! You already know the gang so you can tell them to let Taehyun go." I exclaimed happily.
"We didn't meet the don of that gang." She said.
I sat up on a stool, "Don?" I asked.
"It means leader, keep up with the program." She snapped her fingers at me.
"Time out I thought you and your father met up with them yesterday?" I questioned.
"We didn't talk to them face to face. They sat behind a black curtain so I couldn't even get a good look at them." Sage replied.
Lorenzo entered and hung up his jacket, "Sage mentioned you while explaining the situation to the other gang." He said to me.
"Sage!" I punched her arm.
She rubbed her arm, "I was nervous, there was a lot of big dudes hovering over me."
Lorenzo sighed, "And because of her mistake I'm assigning some of my guys to protect you at all times." He patted my head.
"Do you think the gang would hurt her?" Sage asked him.
"I have no idea what they are capable of, and they did seem pretty interested in Amora when they heard her name." He replied.
"I don't need babysitters." I spoke up.
"I know you don't like being taken care of but this gang is ruthless."
"I have a gun in the store, I don't need protection." I said firmly.
He smiled, "Okay then." He seemed proud.
We ate dinner and Lorenzo left to his own house leaving Sage and I alone in the apartment. We stuffed ourselves with ice cream and other junks sending us both into a food coma.
"Have you ever been in love?" Sage asked.
I looked at her surprised, "what brought up this question?" I asked.
"Jackson told me he loved me and I think I love him too." She confessed. She hid her face in the pillows as we squealed together.
"So have you ever...been in love?" She asked.
"No."  I lied.