S T A T I C E Pt.3

"Fuck."

With that Sage and her father left in a rushed hurry to make amends with the other gang leaving me home alone.
Sage's father Lorenzo, was old fashioned with even older money. Generations of Italian wealth brewed in their veins from land owners, fashion designers, to gun smugglers. Sage and her father where weapon dealers and controlled most of the imports to the black market and sold these high end products to the highest bidder. Their family was a very close net community with no room for loose ends, that's where Sage's mom came into play. Elenor, a beautiful girl of Spanish descent born on the right side of the tracks, a Cop. Elenor was assigned to infiltrate Lorenzo's gang and kill him to end the gang violence in Mexico. She did her job remarkably however she had fallen in love with Lorenzo and confessed her motives to him. Many told Him to kill her, it was the family way, but he had fallen just as deeply in love with her as she did with him so he did not kill her. Instead he moved his operations to the United States and then finally to South Korea. Sage hates talking about her mother because she is reminded of her mother's betrayal which she was punished for. Sage's grandfather beat her and starved her for 7 days and 7 nights when she was 11 years old and said that was the price she had to pay for sharing the blood of a snake and that the next betrayal would be her death.
Lorenzo was a sweet man, he was the father I never had. He took me in as his own and pushed me to do my best.

I hummed to myself, fond memories of Statice flowers.