H Y A C I N T H pt.1

present day

Hyacinth's loveliness charms me every time.... just like you do

"Namjoon"

"Expecting someone else?" He motioned towards my firearm. I awkwardly jerked the gun back and tucked it way into the waistband of my jeans.
"S-something like that." I fumbled.
"Mmm." He hummed.
I rubbed my sweaty palms onto my jeans, "It's not what it looks like."
"I'm sure it isn't." He smiled.
The other gang is still a threat, I thought to myself. I took namjoon's wrist and pulled him towards the back of the store away from the large windows.
"Is this neighborhood dangerous?" He asked.
I was still analyzing the area, "No." I replied automatically.
"No?" Namjoon repeated. I noticed him smiling slightly at my answer.
"I just like to be extra careful." I lied.
He nodded smiling more brilliantly now. He was obviously mocking me now.
"What?" I asked.
He tilted his head towards our hands, "Nothing, it's just been awhile since someones held my hand." I let go awkwardly and stepped away.
"I didn't mean to." I blurted out. He leaned onto my counter so we were both at the same eye level. His lips curved up into a wicked smile with deep dimples to match.
"You are way too pretty for your own good. You always have been." He hummed. His fingers found their way to the curls that framed the side of my face and he tucked it behind my ear gently. For a split second I was in a daze. All the past pain he caused me suddenly melted away. His delicate gaze and honey coated words enticed me all over again.
"I missed you." I said still intoxicated by him. He tried to keep back his smile by biting his lower lip but it still showed through.
"You aren't still upset with me?" He asked. He came around the counter and put his hands on either side of me flat on the counter space. He leaned into me leaving only inches of space between us as he kept eye contact. His gaze was more intense now and he wasn't smiling like before his expression now took a darker intent.
"...I was never upset with you, just hurt." I admitted. He nodded while maintaining eye contact.
His eyebrows furrowed as he stared at me with a tilted head, "What are you staring at?" He asked in a low voice as he analyzed me.

"Your lips." I whispered back without thinking.