C H R Y S A N T H E M U M Pt.1

Flashback (The good days)

Even the hopeless romantic chrysanthemum's joy must come to an end

"Amora!" Namjoon called out from a distance. He ran to catch up with me and kept my pace when walking.
He handed me a bundle of lovely lilacs which he had taken from the flower shop owner at the corner of his school. Everyday after our schools ended he would take the same lilacs from the same shop to give to me even when it got him in trouble later. He was the sweetest even though he would never admit it to anyone other than me.
He snatched the books out of my hand, "The weather is nice today." He smiled. He leaned his head back with closed eyes letting the sunlight dance across his cheeks.
"Give me those back." I rolled my eyes. He held the books above his head with a mocking grin.
"Come and get them then teapot." He teased. I jumped up trying to reach them and he countered my attack by moving his arms in the opposite direction of where I was. Finally just as I felt my fingertips brush against the spine of a book I realized our noses touching. His face only inches from mine with a wide pirate smile spread across it.
I cleared my throat, "You've had your fun Namjoon now give me my books." I tried to sound firm.
"Or what?" He challenged tilting his head a little.
I couldn't help but smile back at him.
"I was thinking..." Namjoon started.
"I guess there is a first for everything." I jumped in.
"Ouch." Namjoon replied holding his heart. I laughed at his fake devastation and we began walking normally down the spring covered street while he still held my books.
"So I was thinking because today is such a beautiful day and it would be a waste for it to go unappreciated. What I'm trying to say is that we or you and I could maybe have a little picnic date?" He rambled.
"A date?" I asked smiling.
Namjoon began blushing a bright red, "W-what I meant to say was a picnic hangout." He replied sheepishly.
I smiled, "I'm confused, Is this strictly a friendly hangout or a date?" I asked. He choked blushing nonstop.
"A hangout." He answered flustered.
I tucked my bangs behind my ear, "What a shame." I mumbled. Namjoon has a mixture of embarrassment and confusion pasted all over his face.
"W-why is it a shame?" He asked.
"Because if you were asking me on a date we could hold hands." I replied. I noticed him loose pace with me, falling behind.
"H-hold hands?" He asked in a daze.
I turned around to face him, "Mmm, because if you were asking me out I would have said yes." I replied.
He smiled sheepishly, "Now you're just teasing me." He scratched the back of his head.
I laughed at him grabbing his big paw of a hand, "Do you mind if I hold your hand regardless?" I asked. I interlocked my fingers in his and it took him a minute to do the same to mine which he did while trying to hide his smile. He tilted his head towards the ground and his bangs hid his face but his ears were a bright red.
"Y-you know you are the only one who can hold my hand whenever they want." He confessed shyly.
"In that case I guess I'm never letting go of your hand." I chuckled swinging our arms.

He smiled at our interlocked fingers with gentle fondness, "Promise?"