/6/ He was speechless. /

Eric slowly went out of his seat to pick up the knife he dropped after hearing Louise's bomb-of-a-statement. His movement was slow because he was trying to digest the words which seemed to entered his ears but was causing some program error in his brain right now.

She's serious, right?

He glanced at her face full of excitement. His glance moved further back to Art's face, which looked so ridiculously blank just like his. He found a sense of relief on the idea that he's not the only one having a short circuit in this hell of a situation.

Fine, they have long-term tourist Visa that they acquired when they went to Japan before, but that's together with their families because their families were so close that they even plan such combined trips until now. He lost count of how many times those kinds of trips happened.

But this time, I'm alone, and she wants to come with me?

He massaged his head which started to hurt as he try to analyze some sense into his current predicament. He looked back to her face hoping to see some hints, but it was the same face having the same level of anticipation as before.

Is she playing some sort of mind games with me? No, she's not that capable on that aspect. I mean, all right, I know she loves Japan so much, but... how the heck are we exactly going to spend... uh, 3-4 days there together, alone? Doesn't she see me as a man, at all?

His nerves started to prickle a bit at that last statement.

Both of them have no lovers – so no one's gonna be mad if they did. Their parents probably wouldn't mind as well since they're 30-year old grown-ups, though their mothers will probably exchange some... ideas, like they normally do.

And he doesn't have any romantic feelings for her anyway.

... I think.

He drank his coffee and let out the longest sigh he ever had in his entire life – even with all those work-related stresses combined.

Maybe I'm reading this too much. Maybe I'm the only one giving malice here.

He glanced again towards Art's direction, and his eyes were gazing back at him, the same way he stared back at him this morning.

This guy's making me think, too. What the heck's up with him since this morning?

He placed the coffee mug back at the table.

I can't conclude this on my own.