Chapter 10

HARRY'S POV

Beth sat down on my bed, picking at the white duvet. She refused to meet my eyes.

I had a hundred questions running through my mind, but I couldn't force myself to speak. Instead I grabbed a pair of jeans, some boxers, a t-shirt from my leather bag and went into the bathroom, locking up the door behind me. I changed quickly and exited, finding her in the same exact spot where I had left her. She looked up when I joined her.

“Harry, I...” She paused, searching for the right words. “I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I ran away, I'm sorry that I ignored you for two weeks, I'm sorry.”

“It's okay.” I replied. Of course it wasn't, but I wanted to listen to what she had to say. “But, Beth, why?”

“Because I can't. We can't. That kiss shouldn't have happened...”

“Why? Because of your work? Because of mine? Why?

She just shook her head.

“Beth, I like you.” There, I said it. I swallowed the lump in my throat and stared at my bare feet. “I really like you, but you just won't let me in. You don't trust me.”

“I trust you.” She mumbled, and then seemed surprised for a moment, as if she couldn't believe she said it. “I do trust you, but I can't... I can't tell you everything you want to know.”

I looked up at her, but her eyes were on the wall ahead of her.

“Your nightmares? Beth, I understand that you don't want to talk about it, but I'm just worried about you, okay?”

She turned her head and finally met my eyes.

“You don't need to worry about me, I'm fine. Everything's fine.”

Liar, liar, liar.

“Okay.” I sighed, giving up. “Just... tell me if something is wrong, or if you need anything, yeah?”

“Yeah.” She agreed. There was a pause in which she stared at her shoes, and then back at me. “So... are we okay?”

“Yeah.” I smiled to reassure her. She nodded with a faint grin on her lips. The lips that I had kissed. Focus, Styles, I ordered myself.

She pulled me from my thoughts when she rose from my bed.

“So... I, um, I need to go back, okay? I'll meet you at dinner, though?”

And suddently I had an idea.

“Definetely.” I smiled and watched Beth as she left my bedroom, closing the door behind her. Yeah, I defenitely had an idea.

---------------------------------------------------------

BETH'S POV

We had finished up dinner when I felt a hand on my shoulder and hot breath near my ear.

“Care to join me for dessert?

I turned around in my chair to face him, biting my lip. I hesitated.

“Trust me.” he said, noticing my apprehension. He extended his hand, which I grabbed after a moment. He smiled and led me out of the room. We had been dining on a nearby restaurant with the rest of the boys, Lou Teasdale and the boys of 5 Seconds of Summer.

Most of them barely noticed when we left, but Zayn winked at me and smiled gently, making me frown. What was Harry planning? And Zayn knew?

Harry led me out of the restaurant through the back door and into a car.