Chapter 11

BETH'S POV

I glanced at his thigh, and then stared down at my feet, blushing.

"Yeah, it's cool." I commented. clearing my throat in a unsuccessful attempt to hide my embarrassment.

"You don't need to blush, Beth." I could hear the smile in his voice. The idiot was making fun of me.

"Hey! It's not funny." I mumbled, reaching up and punching him lightly. He laughed, pulling his jeans back up while shaking his head. "I can't help it."

"That's why it's so cute." He replied, laying down on his stomach next to my crossed legs. He pushed his hair away from his face, barely able to contain the curly mess without one of his headbands. Or scarfs. Whatever he wore around his head lately.

"How did you get these?" He said, his smile fading. He reached out his hand and touched the small, almost invisible scars scattered all over my uncovered legs. I had chosen to wear shorts to go out for dinner.

This was it. I could tell him everything. About London, about my mum, my father, my family. The reason why I had nightmares almost every night. I bit my lip, turning my head around to face him. Harry kept stroking my scars with his fingertips, almost without realizing he was doing it. His eyes were on mine, sincere and serious, without any trace of amusement.

For the first time in years, I wanted to talk about it.

"It's a long story." I murmured, my eyes leaving his face and focusing on my hands fidgeting on my lap. I took a deep breath and opened my mouth to start.

His phone started ringing.

Harry sat up straight, taking it out of his pocket, while giving me an apologetic look. He seemed annoyed that we had been interrupted.

"Yes?" His voice sounded cold. Not rude or anything, just cold.

I started to put the things back into the basket. 

"How is Louis?" The cold tone of his voice disappeared and he started pacing back and forth, worry written all over his face. "What do you mean he is locked in his room?!" his eyes widened in shock. Harry paused and extended his hand to help me get up. "We're on our way."

 ----------------------------------------------------------

HARRY'S POV

I wasn't angry, I was mad.

First, Beth and I had been interrupted just when she was about to tell me something important. Then, I had to answer Greg's call. Turns out that a video about Zayn and Louis smoking had been released a few days ago. And we didn't know a thing, because management had hid it from us. Not even Louis and Zayn knew because, as Greg told me, they'd been trying to 'cover it up for us'.

Apparantly, even our phones and Twitter accounts were controled, so that we wouldn't know anything. Even the calls and texts we received had been controled.

Except Louis had called his younger sister, and she had told him everything that was going on.

The stupid part was, we wanted to take responsability for our own mistakes. They just wouldn't let us.

Now, we had been in this room for almost three hours - except for Louis, who refused to leave his hotel room until he cleared everything up with his family - and I was getting really angry.

"You can't risk your careers like that!" Greg shouted, slamming his fist down on the table with anger. "I won't let you!"

"It's not just our careers we're worried about, damn it!" Zayn shouted back, surprising all of us. Zayn was always the calm one. "It's our lives!"