Chapter 31: Till Zombies Do Us Part

One word: Finally.

Enjoy :) 

Chapter 31

Dominic woke up alone. He rolled to the side to find Alyssa was gone. He smiled to himself. Today was the day. 

He made it to another birthday. In one piece. That was something to celebrate about. 

He sat up and noticed a piece of paper on the bed stand. 

Happy birthday, pookiebear! Bonnie, Christian and Shawn should be there any second. I have a lot of things before this afternoon but I can't wait to see you. I love you. 

-A

As if on cue, there was a knock on the door. Dominic grabbed his shirt from the floor and threw it on quickly. 

"Come in," He called out, searching for his shoes. The three friends shuffled in, awkwardly standing there as Dominic sat back on the bed. He looked up at them and noticed their facial expressions. 

"You guys aren't still mad at me, are you?" He asked, putting his sneakers on. The three of them looked at each other before Bonnie spoke. 

"I'm not," she responded, sending him a small smile. "Happy birthday," she added. Dominic smiled back at her. 

"Me either," Christian nodded, leaning against the door frame. "I get where you're coming from, Dom." Good, because he wasn't changing his mind. 

But there still left Shawn. He wasn't looking at Dominic but the ground. "Yeah, well I'm still mad," his eyes met Dominic's green ones. The anger was still present in them. Dominic bit his tongue. "I'm only here because they dragged me," he added, then turned around and walked down the hall. 

"You have to understand him," Bonnie quickly said, her face softening up. "He just really wants to leave." 

Me and him both, Dominic thought. He sighed and stood up. He was going to do what he does best; Change the subject. 

"So where to first?" he asked, clapping his hands together. Christian smirked. 

"The barber," he replied, pushing himself off the wall. "Mop hair was so last year, Pookiebear." Dominic narrowed his eyes at him dangerously before Christian bursted out in a run, his laugh echoing through the halls . 

"Your boyfriends dead, Bonnie," Dominic said, running after him. She laughed and closed the door behind her. As Dominic passed Shawn, who was leaning against the wall with the scowl on his face, he couldn't help but stop. 

"This attitude isn't helping you," Dominic said, crossing his arms. "Besides, I don't want you to be mad at me," he told Shawn truthfully.

"Sorry, dad," Shawn retorted, rolling his eyes. "Why do you even care? You're leaving tomorrow, right?" With that, Shawn pushed passed Dominic and walked passed Christian.