Chapter 7: We are never getting back together

Chapter 7

Dominic

We all watched as Jeremy rolled out a map in front of us.

“Think hard Shayna,” he ordered, as the black haired zombie stepped closer to the map.

She stared at it intensely.

“There’s no rush,” Jeremy said, smiling at her.

Ha, yeah right. I’d like to go to bed soon. We just fought a mob of zombies and Jeremy really wants to do this now? I get that zombies don’t have that good of a memory but really? It was like four in the morning.

I placed my hands inside my pocket and watched as Shayna’s brown eyes searched the map. This was going to a long night.

Ella tapped her foot impatiently. I looked down at her, getting annoyed. She noticed my glare and stopped tapping but leaned in closer.

“He’s doing this all wrong,” she whispered, annoyed.

Jeremy’s eyes locked on her.

Eleanor,” Jeremy said, smirking. Ella glared at him for using her full name, but the rest of us laughed. “Is there something you would like to share?”

He was taunting her and it was working. Ella dig her nails into her arm.

“Well Jeremiah,” Ella said smirking as she placed her hands on the table. Jeremy’s face fell at the sound of his full name and by now me and Alyssa were laughing so hard it hurt.

“You’re doing it wrong,” She said, leaning in on the table once we stopped laughing. Jeremy did the same and their faces were only a few inches away from each other.

Oh my god, just make out already!

“And how do you suggest we found out where Shane is then?” He asked, challenging her.

She pushed herself off her the table and walked up right next to Jeremy.

We’re here,” she said, pointing to the state of New York. “She won’t be able to tell where he is from distance. Ask her to tell you a description of the climate,” Ella said, not bothering to look at Shayna.

Shayna, on the other hand, let out a moan, probably answering Ella despite the fact that she wasn’t talking to her directly.

“Hot,” Jeremy said, translating. “She says it was hot.”

Ella took a marker and started crossing out states.

“It’s almost Winter,” she said, “That means he has to be in the warmer states.”

“What else did you see?” Jeremy asked. Shanya thought about it. She let out a groan.

Jeremy gave her a confused look. “Names on the floor? What do you mean by names on the-”

“The Walk of Fame!” Ella and I said at the same.

“California!” Alyssa said, finally getting it.

I smirked, seeing as everyone started smiling. We finding knew where Shane was. He was far, on the other end of the country but we knew he was.

“California,” Jeremy repeated, smiling. “Guess I know where’s we’ll be going next.”

********************************************************************************

“I need sleep,” I said, as Ella and I walked into our tent. “I feel-”