Chapter 38 (Part 2)

Chapter 38 (Part 2) 

Ashley was screaming again. The banging against the door was getting louder and their hopes of her growing tired was slowly fading.

"We're going to have to do something or she will," Alyssa said, rubbing her forehead. "Locking her in that room obviously isn't going to hold her for long." Alyssa looked over at Jeremy and Ella. They were getting ready for their mission tonight. When they didn't reply Alyssa raised her eyebrow at them.

"Fine," Jeremy said, standing up and putting his gun down. Alyssa nodded and leaned back against her chair. He walked over to the door.

"Jeremy wait," Ella said, putting her knife down but Jeremy was already turning the knob. And Ashley knew that. Ashley pushed her weight against the door, making the old, moody wood crash against Jeremy's nose. For a second, they were frozen in shock. Then she was off. Ashley ran passed Ella and Alyssa and down the hall faster then they could process.

Blood fell out of Jeremy's already bruised nose quickly. Ella's first instinct was to go over to him but he stopped her. "Stop her!" Jeremy yelled, as he covered his bloody nose. Ella nodded and burst into run and when Alyssa moved, Jeremy grabbed her arm.

"No, call Charlie. He's downstairs," Jeremy ordered before he followed Ella. Alyssa moved quickly and reached over for the walkie-talkie. Even with the gunshot wound, Ashley was faster then Ella and Jeremy. But she was growing tired just as fast. Ella watched as she reached over and started knocking books down to slow them down.

Seriously?! Ella thought.

"You're going to hurt yourself!" Ella yelled at her. Ella knew it was useless. Ashley wasn't going to listen to reason. She rather put her life in danger than stay still and let other people do the work for her. Admirable but so not the time. "We're doing this for your own good!" Ashley didn't reply. Little droplets of blood started to fall from her side and Ella began to worried she might pass out again.

When she reached the stairs, Ashley, with all the strength she had left, jumped over the railing and attempted to land on her legs and jump off the table. But she overestimated herself. She tripped and landed on her stomach. The kids in the library started screaming and Ashley groaned. But the pain didn't stop her. She was a women on a mission. She rolled herself off the table and ran towards the front door. Everyone moved out of the way out of fear instead of stopping her. Jeremy and Ella started down the stairs and for a second Ella felt like the assassin might actually make it out of here. And if she did, no one was going to make it out of that mansion alive. Not Shane, not Dominic and sure as hell not Ashley.

Charlie appeared from on the doors just as Ashley past him. He ran until he was in front of her. "What the hell are you doing?" He asked her, holding his arms up in the arm. But Ashley wasn't going to stop. Everyone knew it. She round kicked him to the ground in silent and continued towards the door. She almost made it.

Until Shayna tackled her down. The zombie pushed Ashley onto her back and arched herself over her. When Ashley tried to fight, Shayna placed her foot on her chest and pushed hard.

Shayna let out a roar and Ashley let out a frustrated sigh.

"I don't care," She replied, wrapping her arms around Shayna's ankle. Ashley tried to push it off but she couldn't. "I'm not going to sit on my ass or run away. I refuse. It's not in my nature," she yelled before letting out a frustrating sigh. "I should've killed Dr. Storm along time ago and none of this would've happened. Me. It was my mission. I screwed up. If I was just smarter-faster-if Shane hasn't- that parasite wouldn't be in Shane and this wouldn't have happened!" A single tear rolled down her cheek but she quickly ripped it away. "So I'm going in there-"