iwaizumi x oikawa

quietly playing with his engagement ring oikawa sighed quietly. he was getting married tomorrow but was starting to doubt his decision.

'am i really ready for this commitment? will i be able to care for her? am i really in love?'

his thoughts were interrupted by a glass sliding in front of him. looking up he noticed the bartender smirking as he turned to clean the counter. oikawa threw the liquid back and frowned.

"it's just water. didn't know what you liked." he heard the bartender comment, not turning to face the brunette.

"something stronger would work."

the raven haired male grabbed a second glass, mixing liquids together chuckling. as he finished the drink he slid it towards the other male. "how's this?"

oikawa threw the brown liquid back and coughed immediately. "better." he managed to say between coughs.

the bartender laughed grabbing both the glasses. "so what brings you to this lonely bar?"

oikawa sighed, feeling the ring through his pocket. "i needed a place to think."

"and you chose this place? i guess you're not as smart as you look." he teased.

the brunette pouted. "rude. but anywhere is better than that cramped hotel room."

"hotel room? so you're not from here i'm guessing."

"no i'm visiting for...a wedding." oikawa said, not wanting to give too much information. this man was still a stranger to him. "i didn't get your name."

"iwaizumi." the raven haired male said, leaning on the counter.

"well it's nice to meet you iwaizumi, i'm oikawa." he said offering his hand to shake.

"same here." iwazumi said shaking his hand back.

hearing his phone buzz, oikawa glanced at the multiple texts from his best man, yahaba.

yahaba: oikawa where are you?? everyone's worried
yahaba: it's getting late pls just come back
yahaba: hello??? oikawa??

"everything okay?" iwaizumi asked seeing the frown on the brunette's face.

oikawa quickly shoved his phone in his pocket and smiled. "yeah all good here. and you're right, thinking here was a terrible idea. i think i'm gonna head out." he said grabbing his wallet. "how much for the drinks?"

"don't worry about it, and i know this great thinking spot, if you could wait just two minutes i could show you?" the bartender said, not wanting to let the male in front of him get away just yet.

"oh i couldn't bother you like that." oikawa protested.

"it's not a big deal, think of it as payment for the drinks." the raven haired male urged.

'why the hell not. might as well have one more fun night.' oikawa thought before nodding. "yeah okay."

***

"yeah you're pretty dumb oikawa." iwazumi laughed, nudging the taller boy softly.

oikawa pouted playfully. "mean iwa-chan!" he laughed.

"iwa-chan?"

"yeah. you don't like the nickname?"

"not at all." iwaizumi said chuckling.

"well too bad! it's staying!"