Part 14

" Psychosis "

Part 14

August

So my baby girl is home. You'd think I would be happy. I'm not, she doesn't talk to anyone. She keeps to herself and it hurts Ty. He doesn't even bother her anymore. Some days she wants his attention , other days she doesn't even car. The medication they have her on must be causing it. They have her go in everyday to interact with other kids. It doesn't work, they all end up crying near her

August: Marie, are you ready to go to your play date ?

Marie: No daddy. I wanna stay here.

August: Marie you can't stay in your room forever.

I picked her up, walking to the car. Once we got in I started, driving to her "play date". We got inside and there was a different kid in there. One I've never saw before. I sat Marie down walking to the doctors.

Aygust: Which kid is that ? *points to the boy*

Doctor: He was dropped off at our doorstep. He was abandon, I just want to see if he'll have a certain effect on Marie.

I sat down in the chair watching her sit by herself. She looked at the kid, I watched her help him up. They walked to the table coloring with each other. She started smiling and laughing. I smiled watching them.

~~~~~~~~~

With Marie:

Marie: What's your name?

?: Jason

Marie: Why you so sad ?

Jason: My parents abandoned me this morning. They didn't love me *looks down*

Marie: My parents did the same thing. Except they came back

Jason: It hurts a lot to be abandon

Marie: *crying*

August walked in picking up Marie. Marie hugged him, still crying. Jason watched as she held onto August for her life.

Marie: Don't abandon me daddy. Not again

August: Baby girl, I've never abandoned you.

Marie: do you still love me ?

August: princess where is this coming from? You know I love you, I would never let anyone touch you at all. Mommy and I love you very much.

Jason: Excuse me, what does it mean when you get abandoned ? Feelings wise.

August looked down at the little boy. He let Marie down, bending down to his height.

August: It could mean a lot of this. It could have been the anger of not being able to take care of you. Your parents wanting you to have a better life. It doesn't always mean that they don't love you. I was abandoned once, by my parents. They thought I was a crazy little kid. They dropped me off here, taking off to where ever they wanted to go. Yes I was upset and hurt. I had to become more mature than the rest of the kids at a young age. Abandonment isn't always a negative thing.

Jason: Oh

August: You guys play. I'll be right back.

~~~~~~~~~

August

I walked out of the room. The doctor was smiling, like he has figured something out. I sat down, thinking of the best thing I can do.

Doctor: So the reason why she has those is because she feels abandoned. Does she have her own room ?

August: Yes but she's slept with us since she was born.