14

16th January, 2018

So the day finally came. Promenade party...with Taehyun.

Everyone was with their own 'bae', so Yeonjun was quite pathetic...alone. Even with Yeji, practically alone.

So you wore a white dress to match with Taehyun. And for one of the rarest times you wore heels which for sure hurts like shit.

And Yeonjun was again wearing his typical colour—blue, a dark one in fact.

(A/N: i kinda miss yeonjun blue hair. well as a matter of fact who doesnt?)

Soobin and Yuna again...so many stuff. Everyone was happy...except maybe you and Yeonjun, and maybe Taehyun. He seemed lifeless, but you didn't really bothered to ask why.

So the function begins...a little blah-blah-blah speech and time for the selection again for prom king and queen. The student president and VP couldn't be voted. Tough luck for Lia. But they'll be working on for Yeji this time...probably with unfair means again.

The Itzy's haven't been troubling you for a while. Maybe tonight they're doing it again, you saw them glaring at you...just an assumption.

Before the function actually started, Kai came up to you and apologized for last time...but all you did was ask him if he had told Taehyun about it, and he said he didn't.

While the teachers were deliberating for the prom king and queen, the 'party' part started.

Unlike before, everything seemed to be awkward between you and Taehyun. Though you talked to each other nicely, there was no life in your conversation.

You both danced anyway tho lol.

"Okay, now we have results for the prom king and queen..."

"This year we have prom king...Bae Jinyoung of 12th grade!"

As everyone expected.

"...and prom queen, Hwang Yeji of 11th grade"

Hmm, nice going, I see.

"Taehyun," you called and he looked at you, "I'm gonna go to the washroom"

"Okay, I'll go grab a drink for us"

So you went. And a second after you were gone, Chaeryoung, who still happens to like Taehyun, came to join him.

"Hey, Taehyun. You drinking?"

"Yeah, when Y/N comes back"

"Well, in case she takes long, I'll treat you one, okay?"

"No thanks, Chaeryoung, I'm good"

"What? It's free. I didn't ask you...I'm just gonna buy it"

"Well, then. Thanks, I guess"

"You seem dull. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I seem to be a bit tired today"

"Is it about Y/N?"

He didn't answer.

"Oh, I see. You're heartbroken, poor Taehyun. But I think I can fix that. Take a sip"

And they did. The alcoholic matter flickers through his body in a soothing manner.

Chaeryoung stood up, "Care for a dance?"

"Don't be silly, Chaeryoung. You know I'm waiting for Y/N"

"Yeah, just before she's back...come on"

After several attempts, Chaeryoung finally managed to get hold of him.