15

16th January, 2018

You slowly opened your soaked up eyes, seeing someone running towards you. It was still raining.

"Y/N, what are you doing here? I was searching for you everywhere"

"Taehyun?"

"Gosh! You must have fell unconscious, you're running a high fever. Let me take you inside..."

"Wait, Taehyun..."

"Yeah?"

"Taehyun, I think I know it now"

"Know what?"

"I think I know what's wrong between us now..." your voice trembled with the cold.

"Y/N..."

"You see, Taehyun, I don't know much about love and everything. But...I found out, that there has always been this person who I loved so much. So much more than anyone else...even more than you.
So, I did things, you know, sometimes unintentionally...but I liked you so much too. You know that, right?"

"Is this a breakup conversation?"

"I...guess so"

"I see. Never knew I'd meet the end because of Yeonjun"

"Taehyun, I-"

"It's okay. There's nothing more to say, I've known enough. I know clearly that you can't pick me over him, and that's not your fault. Don't mind me, I'll...take care of myself. I don't wanna be a nuisance"

"You're not being a nuisance, Taehyun"

"Now let's get you home. You're already so sick"

"But the program isn't over, right?"

"It's fine. I wasn't having fun anyway"

He took his umbrella, and walked you home under the rain. It was freezing cold and rainy. He didn't wanna talk, certainly disappointed.

"I'm sorry for eavesdropping," he finally spoke.

"When did you ever?"

"That last night of 2017, we were at Soobin's. And I overheard you talking to Yuna and Kai"

"Oh...that?"

"Yeah. That was when I knew that you really like him. Then I had so many questions like, why did I decided to compete with him in the first place? The guy you have known for literally your whole life; it's very special, Y/N, I'm not gonna lie"

He left you completely speechless...

"So just do whatever you're okay with, okay? I won't say anything. Go get your life," he continued when you kept quiet.

By this time, you have already reached your house. And you have already stood by your gate, not entering yet.

"But...he doesn't like me"

He looked down at the ground, looked up and smiled, and said, "I'll get going now"

He walked away with the umbrella and left you under the rain, which you just took as I sign that you have to get inside the house.

But you still stood outside the gate and shouted when he was already afar, "I'm sorry, Taehyun"

He stopped walking with the last echo of those words, he looked so much hurt, but still managed to turn back to you and smile, "Bye, Y/N"

He continued walking away.

"Bye, Taehyun," you weren't sure if he heard that.

He walked, further, and further, and further, till he disappeared in the fog.
And you gave another, "Bye, Taehyun," which, you were very sure he didn't hear.