Midnight

The ancient, Victorian clock
groaned as midnight approached. It needed work, but it's owner was too preoccupied at the moment. Sir Pentious was in his study, more agitated than usual. His tail tip flicked with agitation. But tonight, he was agitated for a different reason. He growled, fiddling with the broken mechanics for his ray gun.
"How dare he.. how dare he say he doesn't remember me! Everyone remembers Sir Pentious!" he hissed angrily. When Alastor had said "Do I know you?", it hurt. A lot. It almost felt like a rejection and it burned deep into Sir Pentious's ego. It made him uncomfortable and weak. Damn that Radio Demon for making him feel like this. The snake demon sighed sadly. It had been many years ago when he'd first seen Alastor..

*Flashback*

It was simply another day in Hell. Sir Pentious surveyed Pentagram City with a keen eye, searching for his next victim. It burned him that he wasn't considered an overlord here in Hell, so he took any opportunity he could. However, something was different. Hell was quiet. It was eerie and unnatural, and the snake demon shivered.
"Boss? Is something wrong?" Pentious barely payed attention to his inquisitive egg minion, not that he payed them much attention anyway. An explosion a few miles away snapped him out of his thoughts.
"Prepare the ray gun, you measly omelets!!" Sir Pentious shouted. It appeared someone had already selected their victim. The ship powered to life, the engine giving off a healthy purr as it made it's way towards the explosion. The wreckage was beyond what Pentious expected, and it surprised and even scared him. Two whole buildings were leveled, dead demons everywhere.. then he heard it.
It was as if someone was talking through a radio, broadcasting the events that had taken place here. 'It must be the killer. Perhaps, I can claim a victory over this demon', Sir Pentious's ego was always looking for a way to bolster itself. He lowered the ship and the landing gear came out with a whine.
"Must oil those later," Sir Pentious remarked, making a mental note. As the dust settled, Sir Pentious saw a sight he'd never forget.
Standing over the bodies, clothes splattered in blood, was a handsome young deer demon. He appeared to be broadcasting his bloody score to all of Hell, a wicked smile on his face. Sir Pentious felt his blood run hot, and felt a blush on his cheeks. He had not expected the killer to look.. like this.

*End Flashback*

Sir Pentious sighed, shaking off the memory. It's not like it mattered anyway. It was clear the infamous Radio Demon showed no affection to anyone. The old clock on the wall whined and weakly chimed. It was midnight.
Setting down his tools, the agitated inventor switched off the overhead lights. He had all eternity to fix his ship. It could wait. He slithered quietly past piles of his sleeping minions to his own room. It was Victorian style, with lavish wood furniture, plush couches, and a wine cabinet. The bed had a large, mahogany headboard and silken sheets.
Even though his room was filled of luxuries of his time alive, it was never truly home to Sir Pentious. It was always... lacking.
The snake slid into bed, getting himself comfortable. His hat was sitting on the large, carved dresser near the bed, it's eye closed, already asleep. Sir Pentious cuddled down into bed, and closed his eyes.