Comfort

Night had fallen once again in Hell, bathing the sinful ground in darkness. Lights from Pentagram City glittered like star light from Sir Pentious's bedroom window. It was after midnight, and he had finally dragged himself to bed. Alastor was already curled up on the sofa when Sir Pentious slithered in the lavish room. Hearing the snake demon, Alastor's ear flicked, and he shifted, turned away from him.

Sir Pentious stiffened with guilt. He gazed at Alastor, who was almost curled in a ball away from him. He sighed, feeling more guilt stab at his heart. Why did I have to go and blurt out a question like that!? Clearly he's uncomfortable, and now I've made it worse. Sir Pentious straighten up and looked at Alastor once again.

"Alastor." He said softly. Alastor didn't respond or move, as if he was made of stone. Sir Pentious swallowed uncomfortably, and spoke again in a soft tone.

"Alastor.. I'm sorry about the question. I shouldn't have asked, especially if your uncomfortable." Alastor slowly turned his head to look at the older demon. Did.. did he just.. apologize? Alastor stared. He had never expected an apology. Especially from him. Alastor kept staring at the older demon, who began to squirm uncomfortably under the sharp gaze of the Radio Demon.

"I... thank you.. I accept your apology." Alastor said softly, making Sir Pentious relax in relief. Sir Pentious went to his closet, getting dressed for bed, leaving Alastor alone in his thoughts. Perhaps I should tell him. Maybe telling someone could help me. Or, it could become even worse. He'd know my weaknesses.. and could exploit them. But.. he is different. He's much kinder than any demon here in Hell.. and I never knew until now. Sir Pentious returned, wearing a simple, silk sleeping robe, revealing his black, scaly chest. Upon seeing this, Alastor felt a light blush come to his cheeks and he looked away. He'd never been exposed to such things like that even when he had been alive.

Sir Pentious slid into his bed, snuggling under the covers. He slid his eyes closed, and was just about to drift off to sleep when he heard Alastor's voice softly say, "I can tell you."

Sir Pentious sat up, seeing the younger demon's glowing red eyes looking up at him.

"Tell me what?" He asked. Alastor got up and came to the bed, sitting on the bed's end. "About my past. You asked, I'll tell." He said sullenly. "N..no, that was a mistake. Your past is your business." Sir Pentious replied. Alastor was silent for awhile, looking at his hands. In a sudden movement, he took one of Sir Pentious's hands in his. "Please.. I need this.." He practically begged. Sir Pentious's face flushed with a light blush. Alastor's hand was so warm.. and surprisingly gentle. Before Sir Pentious could say a word, Alastor began pouring out his heart. He barely knew what he was saying he was in such a haze, but he told the snake demon everything. The abuse, the pain, the suffering. The loneliness, the struggling, and the dogs. Especially the dogs.

By the time he's done, Alastor's whole body is shaking, and he is breathing hard as if he's just run a mile. His mind swims in darkness, and once again he feels as if he's drowning in the dark void. All at once, he feels a hand on his shoulder. He is pulled from the void, his eyes focusing on two, yellow eyes with bright pink irises. He swims in those eyes, those eyes so full of concern.

"Alastor.." Alastor snapped back to attention, looking Sir Pentious eye to eye.

"Alastor you can't trap things like that inside. It's ok to tell others. If this helps you.. I will listen. We may be enemies.. but we're all in this suffering together" Alastor heard the words, and they cleared the dark, seeping fog from his head. He nodded. "Thank you Sir Pentious" Sir Pentious smiled, squeezing Alastor's shoulder in a comforting manner.

"Please. Call me Pentious."