Past Experiences

It had been nearly a week since Alastor had broke into Sir Pentious's house. His injuries were mostly healed, and he was much more chipper now that he felt better. Because of Sir Pentious's hospitality, he decided to stay. After all, he was in the outer rim, and he could hide from the residents of the Hazbin Hotel whom he had abandoned. He had made himself quite at home, claiming one of Sir Pentious's sofas as his new bed. As time progressed, gradually the egg minions began to trust him. All he would have to do was perform a simple trick, like making one of them float, and they would flock to him.

Sir Pentious worked in his study, still trying to fix his ship. He could hear his minions, giddy with excitement as Alastor performed another magic show for them. He huffed, getting back to work. There was something about that demon. Something that no other demon had. Pentious felt.. warm whenever he was around. And his heart fluttered in his chest like a butterfly caught in his ribcage. What is this feeling? I can't be getting ill, I'm already dead! He hissed, setting down his tools. Whatever the feeling was it was bothering him and making him less productive.

Just as he was about to resume his work, he heard the ever familiar voice behind him. "Mind if I join you, Pentious my good fellow?" He turned to see the Radio Demon, finally getting free from the crowd of excited eggs.

"I suppose. But hurry up, I'm busy." He snapped. Alastor came in, sitting on an old, creaky chair near the older demon.

"Now, what do you want?" Sir Pentious asked, turning his back on the younger demon. He's probably here to wear my patience thin again. If it weren't for this warm feeling, I wouldn't have hesitated to kick him out! Sir Pentious seethed internally.

"I wanted to say thank you. Your kind gesture is greatly appreciated, Pentious" Alastor said softly. Sir Pentious turned to look at him. "It's Sir Pentious to you. And your welcome. Your lucky I.. my minions like having you around." Sir Pentious responded. Alastor simply nodded, seeing his business was finished, and stood.

"Well, I won't hold you up, Pentious." He said shortly, turning to leave. "What was your past life like!?" The question slipped out so fast from Sir Pentious's mouth it shocked him, and he quickly covered his mouth. However, it was too late. The question hung in the air, and left the Radio Demon frozen in place.

"I didn't mean that. It was rude to ask, just a slip of my tounge.." Sir Pentious rambled, becoming uncomfortable. After a minute, Alastor's voice cut through his rambling like a knife.

"I'd prefer not to discuss that." With that, he left the room, leaving Sir Pentious to stare after him. Something was clearly wrong with Alastor. Most demons had no problem discussing their past lives, even ones who had been abused. He felt a pang of guilt, wishing he'd never brought the subject up. He turned back to his tools, making a note to apologize later. As he continued to work, he couldn't help but think, there's something different about this demon.