Truth

Charlie had thrown a big welcome dinner for her new client, but everyone was uncomfortable and didn't feel much like eating. Alastor hadn't been heard from since Sir Pentious arrived, and the tension hung thick in the air.

After dinner, the snake demon slithered upstairs to Alastor's closed door. He knocked softly. "Alastor? Are you awake?" He asked. He received no response. He tried the door, but found it to be locked. He sighed slowly. "Alastor, I just wish to talk to you."

The door was flung open and Alastor glared at him, his eyes were dark with anger and his normal smile was twisted into a snarl. "What do you want!? To make fun of me!? Can't you just leave me alone!?!?" He practically shouted. Sir Pentious flinched a bit, but then said softly. "No. I wouldn't make fun of you. I just want to talk." Alastor sighed, his shoulders slump, defeated. "And what is there to talk about?"

"You think I'm incapable of love, don't you?" Sir Pentious asked. Alastor simply shook his head, retreating back into his room. "No demon is capable of love, Pentious." Sir Pentious followed him into his room, gently sitting on the bed beside him. "Why did you run from me?.." Alastor put his head in his hands, ears lowering in embarrassment. "After what I did.. before I left." Alastor said, ears drooping more. Sir Pentious gently reached out to rub Alastor's head, stroking his hair. Alastor raised his head, leaning into the touch.

"I do like you Alastor. Don't think I don't" Alastor didn't respond, just leaned more into Sir Pentious's hand. His hair is so soft.. Sir Pentious gazed at Alastor's face, and slowly moved in. His hand went to Alastor's cheek, and he was just about to brush his lips against Alastor's when the deer demon lashed out, clawing his face away. "No!" Alastor snarled, then backed off, in a softer tone, "I can't... not again."

Sir Pentious felt his face, a thin stream of blood flowing from one of the cuts. "What do you mean, 'not again'?" He hissed, a bit annoyed at being injured. Alastor stiffened, growling. "I'd prefer not to talk about her." Sir Pentious didn't dare touch the deer demon again, so he just scooted a bit closer. "She?" He asked. Alastor nodded. "Yes. She."

"Her name is Rosie. Perhaps you know her, she owns the Emporium right in the midst of Pentagram City. When I first came here, a young naive soul.. she took me in. After awhile, she started courting me. Using me was more like it. Using me to topple everyone in her path. Sure, I enjoyed it, but I thought she loved me. We even did.." Alastor stopped, blushing. "...that. After which she abused me, tortured me, and kicked me out defenseless on the streets. She did horrible things to me.. and I thought it was all for love. No. Found out a week later she moved on to Vox. She had only used me until I had nothing left to give." Alastor finished this with a shaky sigh. "Plenty of my scars come from her. Physically.. and emotionally."

Sir Pentious was stunned by the story, but not overly shocked. Well, that's any demon in Hell for you but Alastor's so powerful. Why didn't he fight back? Why is he letting it crush him?

Suddenly, Alastor stood, fierce anger in his eyes. "And now, you think you can just swindle me into being your little toy but it won't happen!" He snarled, then softly. "I won't fall for the same trap twice." With that, he summoned a portal and disappeared once more, leaving a stunned Sir Pentious alone once more.