Leaving

Alastor hurried out of Sir Pentious's room, quickly passing a mob of eggs wanting another magic show. Alastor's heart already burned with pain but he knew this had to be done. For his own sake.

He rushed towards the front door, but Sir Pentious's voice stopped him in his tracks.

"I thought you wanted breakfast?" Alastor mentally cursed for not sneaking out a window. Now, he would have to confront the snake demon. Slowly, he turned to face the demon before him.

"Pentious.. I.. you have been very kind with your hospitality. I thank you. However, it's time for me to go back home. I cannot stay here." Alastor said in a soft tone. Sir Pentious's hood drooped. "Oh. I see." He replied sadly.

Both demons stood, looking at one another, unsure of what to say. And uncomfortable silence settled between them. Alastor finally turned to leave when he felt Sir Pentious's hand on his shoulder.

"Why must you leave? Have I made you uncomfortable?" Sir Pentious asked softly. Why does he want to know? He shouldn't care. He's just stalling, he wants me to stay. Please.. I have to get away before this gets worse.. it already hurts too much.. Alastor sighed. "I just need to get back to my own life, that's all. Back to the Hazbin Hotel." He replied shortly. Sir Pentious was about to snip and tell him that hotel wasn't worth two shits but he stopped. He needed to respect Alastor's will to leave, even if it was to go back to a hopeless hotel.

"I see. Does this mean our conflicts as enemies has been resolved?" Sir Pentious asked with hope in his eyes. Alastor internally groaned. Dear god, I just want to get out of here!!

"Yes, Pentious, yes. May I leave now?" Alastor asked hurriedly, inching towards the door.

"Before you go, my friend, I wanted to tell you you've touched a different side in me. Your different up close, and I wish I could see more of what's inside.. what's behind that crazy smile of yours." Sir Pentious's words made Alastor feel heavy, and he was torn between escaping and staying. This demon could either be his salvation or his damnation, and Alastor felt a tug in his heart. I can't stay. He's a demon. Demons cannot love. He'll use me and throw me away once he's done. I can't take that amount of pain twice. I have to leave. I have to leave. Alastor had finally managed to convince himself he had to go. He looked into Pentious's eyes.

"Same to you, my friend." He said softly. Sir Pentious nodded, saying, "Will you stop by sometime?" Alastor felt his emotions start to overpower him, and knew his time was up. Before he knew what he was doing, he came close to the older demon and kissed his cheek, before summoning a portal and vanishing.

Sir Pentious was left in the doorway, face a bright red and his hood flared. His mind reeled, unable to properly comprehend what had just happened. He reached up slowly to rub the spot where Alastor had kissed him, and muttered, "So this is love."