Reunited Again

It had been nearly a week since Alastor fled from Sir Pentious's place. Every day was a struggle for him, but he kept up his cheeriness and always had a smile of some sort on his face. Though it seemed everything was back to normal, he was trapped under a dark cloud of depression. It hurt, and he knew it would.

Alastor had been helping Charlie out around the hotel to distract his mind. He figured if he exhausted his mind, perhaps he could sleep peacefully. It seemed to work. However, today something was off.

As Alastor walked downstairs for his morning black coffee, he saw the hotel's residents, except for Angel of course, were running around like mad. His ears lowered in confusion. Perhaps Lucifer is visiting today. Alastor didn't mind Lucifer, they had a mutual respect for one another. But he shook his head. No, Lucifer doesn't support this Hotel. Why would he visit? Curiosity getting the best of him, he strolled up to an out of breath Charlie.

"Charlie my dear, what's all this about?" Charlie turned to Alastor, trying to catch her breath. "A demon called in. Said they were coming to the hotel. I'm trying to get everything ready.." Ah, so she has a victim! I wonder what demon was low enough to come here? Especially to try and be redeemed. Alastor chuckled. To him, redemption was a complete joke. There was no way any demon would give up their life here to be good.

Perhaps it's just some poor homeless soul looking for a free room. Alastor thought. There were many homeless demons, and it seemed more probable for one of them to take advantage of a free room than a demon coming to be redeemed.

At this, a knock was heard from the door. Alastor decided this was not something he needed to deal with, and simply began heading back upstairs to his room. He heard Charlie open the door, and then heard something he wasn't expecting at all.

"Alastor, so you were telling the truth about this Hotel." Sir Pentious's voice made Alastor freeze in his tracks, his face frozen in a smile twisted with terror. Why is he here!? Why did he follow me!? Doesn't he realize I want to get away!

"Alastor? You ok?" It was Charlie's voice, concerned that Alastor had frozen up. Alastor turned stiffly, eyes meeting Sir Pentious's. "Welcome, Sir Pentious." His voice sounded so weak and shaky to his own ears. He was trembling, claws digging into the mahogany handrail of the staircase.

"Welcome to you too, my friend. I've decided to give this "redemption" thing a spin, same as you." Sir Pentious replied, slithering a bit closer to the staircase. Alastor chuckled nervously. "Ah. Yes. Well.. do make yourself comfortable!" He replied hurriedly and then bolted for his room.

The moment Sir Pentious had seen Alastor on the staircase, his heart fluttered. He had never realized how young and actually handsome Alastor was until he'd gotten up close. When Alastor wasn't smiling his demonic smile his face was actually very youthful. He couldn't stop thinking about the deer demon, and had finally decided to go out and find him.

But the way Alastor had run from him concerned him. Why is he afraid of me? The princess also seems to be concerned for her.. friend?.. business partner? Oh well. Maybe if I talked to him. Sir Pentious was broken from his thoughts by the princess.

"Well... we'd better get you settled in.." She laughed a nervous, awkward laugh. Sir Pentious nodded. "Of course. I'll be staying awhile."