Awakening

Alastor awoke to the soft, red morning light of Hell. He blinked, clearing the sleepy film from his eyes. He shifted, yawning, and everything hit him like a tidal wave. The fight, the rain. Sir Pentious. Alastor mentally cursed. Of all demons, I had to come here! He knew he'd never be able to live this one down, and the snake demon would be likely to remind him of this event every chance he could. Alastor sat up, only to become very lightheaded. He hissed softly in pain, his wounds still stinging a bit. With a start, he realized they were bandaged. He had no memory of doing that himself, so it had to have been Sir Pentious who bandaged his wounds. But why? He and I are sworn enemies.

At this moment, Sir Pentious himself slithered through the door, he had come to check on the sleeping demon.

"Well, awake finally." Sir Pentious hissed. "I don't need any sass from you, Pentious." Alastor snapped. He was in no mood to deal with the egotistical inventor.

"A simple 'Thank You' would do, ungrateful bastard" Sir Pentious snarled, coming to him "I need to change your bandages."

Alastor hissed and scooted away, eyes becoming radio dials. "I don't need your help!" he growled. Sir Pentious hissed and moved closer. "Yes you do, idiot. Your too weak to do that yourself." Alastor snarled, as if he was a feral dog caught in a cage with a human.

Sir Pentious's snake hood flared a bit in annoyance. "You need help. Now I'm helping you and you just need to deal with it! This is my house, so you will obey!" He hissed. After a few moments, Alastor sat still, allowing the older demon to change the bandages.

Alastor tried not hiss or flinch in pain, knowing any signs of weakness would make him appear vulnerable. He suppressed these sounds of pain quietly. Again, the thought crossed his mind. Why is he doing this? Is this some twisted form of humiliation he will cast on me later?

After several minutes went by, Sir Pentious had cleaned and rebandaged Alastor's wounds. Unknown to Alastor, a similar thought crossed Sir Pentious's mind. Why do I have the urge to help him? He'll never repay me, and he's my enemy.

The two sat in silence after that, both lost in their own thoughts. After what seemed like hours, Sir Pentious broke the silence.

"I suppose you want breakfast now, don't you?" Alastor looked at him, letting out a soft chuckle. "What happened to 'This is my house, so you will obey'?" Alastor sassed. The snake demon hissed "Don't get snarky with me, Radio Demon. I asked you a question. Do you want breakfast?" Sir Pentious asked again, his patience for Alastor running thin. Alastor noticed this, and decided not to keep testing the snake demon. In his weakened state, he knew if he pissed off the older demon enough, he could snap and kill him.

"Fine. Breakfast is fine." Alastor replied curtly, his smile widening.