Chapter 12.3 - Draco and Skarlett's Engagement part 2

The last few days were crazy, everyone had been rushing around, sorting out and finalising all the parts for the party like setting up the venue to making sure the catering staff knew what they were supposed to be doing to stocking the bar and the kitchen within the venue so that it was ready for the chef to arrive and get to work straight away so that the food was just coming out as guests begin to arrive so that the food is still fresh for the guests to eat. 

Finally the day of the party arrived and everything was set up perfectly and ready for guests to arrive and be wowed. The venue was all set, the DJ and bands had arrived and were beginning to set up, the Catering staff had arrived early and began prepping the drinks bar and the set up of the tables around the dance floor, The chef and his staff were busy in the kitchen getting started on the prep work for the food so that they would be ready to start cooking it about half an hour before guests arrived so that it was still fresh for the guests. All that was left to do was get dressed and ready for the party later on. 

Back at the Riddle manor, there was a few hours before the party so Skarlett, her mother and Narcissa were decided to head into town so that Skarlett could some things to put in boxes that she had decorated to give her bridal party as her way of asking them to be apart of her wedding. Once they got to town, they headed straight for Betsie's Arts and crafts creations to pick up some purple, Malibu blue and black rose petals, ribbon and iridescent shredded paper. They then moved onto Otto's sweet extravaganza and bought 3 big bags of Jolly ranchers blue raspberry hard candies, 3 big bags of purple heart chocolates and 3 big bags of black jacks.

Then they headed to Mama Rosetta's liquor tavern for 8 small/medium bottles of champagne to put 'bridesmaid/maid of honour' labels on them along with ribbon to decorate them a little bit. Then moved onto Pandora to get 8 charm bracelets with charms attached to each one with the person's first initial in their name and then the word 'bridesmaid' and ' maid of honour' along with a 'I do crew' charm too and each bridesmaid and maid of honour charm would be different. Then they went to enchanted cosmetics next to Pandora to buy 21 mini bottles of Hempz spun sugar and vanilla bean hand cream. After buying the hand cream, they next headed to Rosalia's beautiful bags where they found little make-up bags with 'bridesmaid' and 'maid of honour' written on the front in multi-coloured but the same colours as Skarlett's theme. They then went into Sprinkled to collect their order of cookies that say 'bridesmaid' and 'maid of honour' on them in the same colours as the theme. Once they had got everything Skarlett needed to get back home to make up her boxes and get ready for the party, so they headed back to the manor. Once they got back to the manor, Skarlett went up to her room with everything she bought and began sorting out and making up the boxes for her bridal party - 3 maids of honour: Daphne, Angelina and Luna. Then 5 bridesmaids - Pansy, Fleur, Penelope, Astoria and Gabrielle. As well as the presents and alcohol in the boxes was also a hand written note in each one. 

Once all the boxes were sorted out and all packed up, she headed into her bathroom to freshen up for the party and when she came out of her bathroom, she saw a box on her bed with a note attached 'I saw this and thought of you, love Draco.' She smiled and opened up the box and saw a gorgeous gown, she lifted it out of the box and laid it out on her bed as she did this he mother walked it "Darling do you want get ready together in my room." Charlena asked to which Skarlett nodded in reply and her mother grabbed her daughter's make up, accessories and hair stuff and took it to her room with her daughter in tow holding her new dress and they got ready together. "Now what style do you want your hair?" Charlena asked her daughter. "Umm i was thinking something similar to the style i had done when i returned home officially... you know in a curled updo with little ringlets down either side to shape my face." Skarlett replied. "Yes i remember ok sounds like a plan." Charlena answered and began to get to work on her daughter's hair, a few minutes later and Skarlett's hair was done. "Done, what do you think?" Charlena asked her daughter for her opinion. "It's great, perfect .... thanks mother i love it." Skarlett said looking into the mirror in awe at her mother's work.