Chapter 3

He can stay alone, it doesn't bother me, Shadow thought as he closed Sonic's bedroom door behind him, walking towards the exit of the house. I don't care if he gets himself hurt again.

"Shadow?!" Sonic's voice called out from behind the closed door in a worried tone.

Shadow stopped and looked at the door. Why did I ever agree to this? And I have to endure six weeks of this...

He heard a deep sigh from Sonic's bedroom, a sigh that sounded oddly lonely.

Shadow grunted. "I'm still here Faker!"

"Good." Sonic sighed. "Because I need some help!"

Shadow heaved a deep sigh as he went back to Sonic's bedroom.

"I could really use something to eat." Sonic told Shadow.

"Anything specific... that isn't chili dogs?" Shadow asked the azure hedgehog, before turning to leave the bedroom once again.

"Ajam sandwich? If you can make one of course." Sonic replied with a smirk on his face, believing that Shadow couldn't do it.

"I'll show you! I'm quite the chef." The ebony hedgehog replied, walking to the kitchen. He placed a chopping board on the counter. He grabbed two slices of bread, butter, a knife and strawberry jam from the fridge.

He buttered both slices of bread and layered some jam onto one of the slices of bread. I wonder how he likes it cut... hm... triangles? In half... Maybe both. Shadow sliced the sandwich in half and then cutboth the pieces in triangles. Crust or no crust... Why do I care? He cut the crust off of the sandwich and placed the sandwich onto the center of the plate and walked to Sonic's bedroom.

He put the plate of sandwiches onto the table next to Sonic's bed and sat onto the wooden chair, watching Sonic's reaction.

"A little fancy don't you think?" Sonic asked playfully as he grabbed a sandwich off of the plate.

"I told you, I'm quite the chef." Shadow bluntly replied, crossing his arms.

Sonic chewed on the sandwich, he smiled and gave Shadow the thumbs up.

"You like it I presume."

"Like it? I love it!" Sonic happily said as he took another sandwich from the plate. "You really are a 'quite the chef'!"

Shadow sighed, rolling his eyes slightly.

"Thanks."Sonic said. The plate was empty, not a crumb in sight. Shadow picked up the plate and took it to the kitchen.

"Are you leaving again?" Sonic asked from his bedroom.

"No." Shadow simply stated as he returned to Sonic's bedroom. "Were you worried?"

"Of course not." Sonic replied quickly, glancing to the window. "Just prefer company, even if you are the only company I have at the moment."

"A grand hero like you and the only company you get when you've broken your leg is from one of your rivals, isn't that just great?" Shadow sarcastically said.

Sonic shrugged and decided to change the subject. "There are board games and puzzles in the drawer down there." He said, pointing to the bottom drawer of the closet that was next to a wall.

"Don't want to play cards?" Shadow asked, a small smirk on the corner of his muzzle.

"No... not right now. However, I do want a rematch later." Sonic replied, looking away from Shadow slightly.