Chapter 15

"Shadow..."

Shadow's ear twitched as he heard the whisper in his ear as he slept. He ignored it.

"Shadow..."

"What is it?" Shadow muttered angrily, turning around and opening his eyes to see a small figure with two tails.

A gloved hand reached out to touch his mouth, before forcing it open and shoving some kind of food into the ebony hedgehog's mouth.

Shadow tried his best to spit it out, but the kitsune was holding he mouth shut, forcing him to swallow the sweet food.

"Shadow!? What's wrong?!" Sonic asked as he looked at Shadow with shock.

Tails let go of Shadow's mouth, allowing him to cough.

"Your friend here forced something down my throat! Keep your damn pet under control Faker!" Shadow shouted as he turned to face the blue hedgehog, clearly annoyed with what Tails had done.

Sonic shook his head, trying to awake himself. "Wait... Wait... Tails shoved what down your throat?"

They heard Tails laughed lightly as he ran out of the room. Sonic watched his best friend leave and couldn't help but think it was out of character for the young fox.

"I don't know... But it tasted sweet... Kind of like strawberry -"

"You know, that was most probably the cake Amy brought over." The azure hedgehog explained as Shadow cursed under his breath.

Sonic then sighed. "I don't understand. Tails wouldn't do something like that..."

Shadow remembered that Tails had eaten a slice of the cake and cursed once again. "Damn it. When we check the cake and it turned out nothing was wrong, he ate a slice."

"So, there is something wrong with that cake!" Sonic said loudly and then frowned. "But I don't get what's in it or what it does..."

"Neither do I," Shadow replied, annoyed.

Sonic shrugged. "Look, I'm going to go back to sleep... Um... Night?"

"Goodnight."

Sonic opened his eyes, looking at the white ceiling above his head. He gave a yawn.

"Good morning!"

Sonic almost jumped out of his skin when he heard the usually dark tone, bright and happily say to him. He looked away from the ceiling and at the ebony hedgehog, who was sitting beside him on the bed, watching him closely.

"Uh... Morning..."

Shadow gave him a huge smile, looking somewhat happy is Sonic had ever seen the ebony hedgehog happy before.

What the...

"I made you pancakes." Shadow told the blue hedgehog, continuing to smile.

At least it's not cake... CAKE! I bet all my rings that's why Shadow is acting like this.

"Thanks... You haven't put anything in them have you?" Sonic asked the dark hedgehog suspiciously.

Shadow giggled... Sonic gave the ebony a shocked expression.

"No, why would I? I'm mean to look after you, not kill you."

Right...

"What's the matter?" Shadow asked Sonic with concern, a worrying look in his ruby red eyes.