Final Chapter

Four hours. Four hours left before he'd have to leave and head to the Blaze Cafe. Four hours before he knew that his 'death' was coming.

Maybe he was over-exaggerating with the whole 'death' thing, but that's what he believed he had got himself into. Although, would he be in any other situation at the moment if he hadn't of broken that leg back on the 19th? Would he be sitting there, on the living room couch on the 31st of March, waiting for the ebony hedgehog to arrive in two hours? Would he have gotten so close to Shadow if what his brother had really planned happened? If Shadow wasn't there, who would have taken care of him? No wait, he knew the answer to that question. No doubt, Amy would. But then... Wouldn't Amy have been the first person Tails would have asked?

Sonic tapped his foot on the wooden floor, anxiously. Who did Tails really want me to get close with? The blue hedgehog looked at the communicator on his wrist and tapped it, quickly getting into contact with the two-tailed fox.

"Hey Sonic, what's up?" Tails answered quickly.

"Uh... How did you know it was me?" Sonic nervously chuckled.

"It was just a hunch I had."

Hm... I doubt that. "Or maybe you know me that well. Anyway, I have aquestion to ask you bro. Who did you really want me to fall for?"

"Uh..." The two-tailed fox hesitated. "Well... Uh... You see..."

"C'mon, it can't be that hard to tell me." Sonic commented, rolling his eyes.

"Alright, alright, you deserve the answer anyway. My plan wasn't for you to be so badly injured. You see, I didn't actually realize how big some of those rocks were. I originally just wanted you to be harmed, but not completely injured, like maybe a deep cut or something."

"That doesn't fill me with much confidence about you being my 'lil' bro', you know how much I trust you." Sonic commented in a slightly dark tone, but smiled. "Although, then again, maybe your plan was to help me."

"Well, that's what I thought. OK, so you know how I wanted you to hardly be harmed-"

"'Deepcut'? Yeah, I highly doubt that can be considered 'hardly harmed'." The azure hero laughed.

Tails giggled. "Yeah... You're right there. But, you know where I'm coming from, right? Well, I'll tell you Plan A. With you 'hardly harmed', I had planned for Amy to-"

"Amy!? Oh I knew it!"

"Shut up, Sonic! It's not what you think! I had planned to make sure that Amy didn't know of the news! That maybe Knuckles would help you."

"Knuckles? Why? You know he's too busy guarding that Master Emerald." Sonic couldn't help but smile. He knew Tails would never really mean harm.

"Alright, alright! I'm jumping around here. I didn't want Amy to know and I guess... I would probably have just done what I did now."

"That's your plan? To have a plan of harming me, having Amy not know and finding any person off the street? Doesn't sound much like a plan bro."

"You're right Sonic. I didn't have a plan." Tails said, silently. "The only part I had planned was for you to get hurt, but that was it. I didn't plan for you to hook up with anyone. I didn't plan on being hurt myself. Listen Sonic, I really had no clue what I was trying to plan."

"Don't sweat it lil' bro. It's all good. Just as long as you never planned for Amy to look after me, that's all good."

"Speaking of Amy, aren't you suppose to be going on a date with her... And Shadow?" Tails asked in a curious tone.