Chapter 4

'And then a red hyper-realistic -'

Shadow opened the bedroom door partially, looking into the blue room. Amy was sitting on the wooden chair next to Sonic's bed, where she was reading a book to him. Judging by Sonic's closed eyes, he was either waiting for her to leave or was pretending to sleep.

'Blood red eyes snapped open and attacked the young -'

Shadow coughed, announcing his presence. Amy's head snapped around to look at him, a slightly shocked expression on her face.

"Tails told me to come here at around twelve." Shadow told the pink hedgehog.

Amy smiled. "Of course, you are Sonic's main supervisor." She stood up, closed the book, put it back in the bookcase and walked past Shadow, giving him a wink before leaving the bedroom.

What's up with her? Shadow asked himself as he closed the bedroom door and walked over to Sonic's bed.

The blue hedgehog really did seem to be sleeping, his mouth wide opening and snoring while a limp hand hang over the side of the bed.

"Such a gentleman." Shadow muttered under his breath, walking to the bookcase to get the book that Amy had been reading. The book had a red binder. The book was a hard cover edition. It's cover had a little girl wearing a red hood while a wolf was watching her from within bushes nearby as she skipped through a path in a forest. 'Little Red Riding Hood' was written in a golden italic font above the picture.

Sounds like a rather violent version of 'Little Red Riding Hood', Shadow thought to himself as he opened the heavy book.

'Once upon a time, there was a little girl by the name of Red, because of the red hood that she wore all the time, who was told by her mother to visit her grandmother. Her grandmother living in a cabin the middle of the forest outside of town, which was known to have dangerous animals and strangers lurking around -'

But before Shadow could read anymore of the thrilling tale, he could hear rustling coming from Sonic's bed. He turned around to see Sonic struggling and trying to grasp for something in his sleep.

"Faker!" Shadow called out, walking over to him.

"No... I don't want to..." Sonic said in a sleepy, yet worried tone.

"Faker!" Shadow yelled, slightly louder this time.

"Please... Not the bear... PLEASE NOT THE BEAR!" Sonic called out, violently punching his pillow.

"SONIC!" Shadow yelled loudly, slapping Sonic's face, waking him up.

"Ow..." Sonic moaned, holding onto his cheek and rubbing it. "That hurt.What was that for?"

"You were having some sort of 'nightmare'... I think." Shadow replied in an unsure tone, sitting on the wooden chair and reading 'Little Red Riding Hood'.

"Oh right... I think it had something to do with that pink bear Amy got me." Sonic said, yawning while continuing to rub his sore cheek.

Shadow sniggered. "A little pink stuffed bear gave you nightmares?"

"Well... it was more than that." Sonic objected. Shadow looked up at him and couldn't tell if he was blushing or if he had slapped him so hard his cheek had gone red.

"All I really remember from the dream was that you and I were just causally talking, which I suppose is a nightmare in itself, and then Amy comes out of nowhere!" Sonic exclaimed, throwing his arms into the air. "She comes in, holding that pink bear, and starts chasing me. For some odd reason, I couldn't run away and so she pushes me onto the ground and pushes the bear into my face."