Chapter 16

"I'm going to give you a question, Faker, and I expect you to answer it." Shadow said dully as he stood near the door frame, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Is this a hard question?" Sonic asked in reply, confused as to what exactly was happening. It certainly was a dramatic entrance.

"Crutches or wheelchair?"

Wait... He wants to take me outside? "Which do you think would be easier?"

"Hm..." Shadow shrugged. "I'm not the one with a broken leg."

Sonic thought for a moment, I'd need to use my upper body strength for crutches but I suppose I'd need to turn the wheels of the wheelchair as well...

"I'll agree to a wheelchair if." Sonic said, holding up his index finger. "You take me around in it."

"Lazy hedgehog." Shadow muttered under his breath and sighed. "Fine. I'm going to need your cooperation."

"Right." Sonic nodded, sitting up in the bed with a happy smile.

I know I've been outside already, but I was knocked out and that's not really what I wanted.

"So, why are you taking me out?" Sonic asked curiously, watching the footpath as Shadow drove the wheelchair along it, at steady walking pace.

"Well, you need the fresh air and the only other time you've been out was when you were kidnapped by Amy," Shadow explained.

"Where are we going?"

Questions, questions...

"You'll see. Now shut up." Shadow dully replied as he continued.

"I don't see many places to set it up..." Shadow muttered to himself as he looked around the park, looking for a place to stop.

"Set up?" Sonic questioned, turning around and looking up at the ebony hedgehog with confusion.

Shadow stayed quiet as he took the azure hedgehog the shad of a long tree near the edge of the park.

"Wait, you took me out for a picnic?" Sonic said in surprise, astonished that Shadow would do something like that, "You aren't still affected by that cake, are you?"

Shadow gave him a dark glare. "No." and went on setting up the picnic. He put a picnic rug onto the ground, placing plates and containers onto it. He sat, cross-legged, on the mat and starting making sandwiches from the equipment he had brought.

Sonic watched the ebony hedgehog and smiled. He was happy to be out of the house and have fresh air, even if he couldn't run.

Shadow put a plate, that had a sandwich on it, on Sonic's lap and sat back onto the picnic mat, eating his own.

Sonic looked around the crowded park as he ate. He had never seen it so busy, then again he never really visited the park all too often as it was close to wear Amy lived.

"You don't think Amy's going to come over here?" Sonic asked with his mouth full.

"No, I don't believe she will." Shadow simply replied, wiping his mouth as he looked at Sonic. "Now don't worry, there's nothing suspicious in this desert." He commented as he took a chocolate mud cake out of the plastic bag. "I made it myself, so it should be fine."

"Didn't poison it to kill me?" Sonic joked.

"If I wanted to kill you, I would have done it right now. But I don't see the use in killing you, that would just make things collapse on itself." Shadow explained, as he cut the cake and placed one onto Sonic's empty plate.