Chapter 23

Sonic sighed grumpily, crossing his arms over his chest as Tails walked in with a suitcase.

"Why are you doing this?" Sonic asked the kitsune dully, watching the fox put the suitcase on the table and open it.

Tails chuckled slightly. "I just want to see how this would look with your quill style."

"Hmpf..." Sonic grunted with a frown, looking away from his best friend and out the window. "I'll do my best to screw it up."

Shadow walked through the front door of the house, quickly noticing the young two-tailed fox sitting on the couch, sitting there looking at the door.

"I see you're waiting for me." Shadow said bluntly, closing the door behind him.

"Of course, I have some things to go out and do." Tails replied, a small playful smile on his face as he stood up and walked to the kitchen counter and grabbed a bag, that was lying on it. He walked past Shadow and opened the door. "I want to know what you think of Sonic's new style."

Shadow just looked on with confusion as the kitsune left the house. He must have done something...

The ebony hedgehog went into Sonic's bedroom. The only thing he could see on Sonic's bed was blue quills.

"Faker, are you in there?" Shadow asked as he walked to the bed.

Eyes opened wide, looking at him. "In where?"

"All I could see was a pile of quills." Shadow explained. There was something off about Sonic's face, but he couldn't quite pin down what it was.

Sonic fluttered his eyelashes as he sat up. He smirked at the ebony hedgehog. "Don't notice anything different other than the quill style you did to me?"

Let's see... He's still blue, he's still annoying as always... He has eyelashes... Shadow wondered if he had noticed them or not before, they really stood out now for some reason, Is that... Black eyeliner around his eyes?

"Are you dressing up as a girl, Faker?" Shadow asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Seems more like you guys are. Can you get me a cloth to wash this all off?Tails put it on and refused to put it off." Sonic explained. "I'm going to teach that little kit a lesson..."

Shadow gave the blue hedgehog a small nod and walked into the bathroom, grabbing a rag and soaking it with water before returning to the bedroom. He handed the rag to Sonic.

"Thanks." The azure hedgehog muttered as he washed his face of the make-up. "Never wearing that again in my life. I don't even know where he got it from."

"Perhaps, in his spare time, he likes to dress up." Shadow suggested and Sonic gave him a disgusted face.

"I doubt that's what he's doing in the workshop." Sonic simply said as he threw the rag onto the table. "So, what's going to happen today?"

"I can not see into the future Faker." The ebony hedgehog replied, sitting beside the blue hedgehog. "But you missed a spot."

Sonic sighed. "Of course I did, I can't see myself without a mirror."

"Trust me Faker, you don't want to." Shadow smirked, licking a finger and rubbing Sonic's cheek.

"Are you going to set my quills back to normal, or will I have to force you?" Sonic complained to Shadow, frowning.

Shadow rolled his eyes. "Fine. As long as it shuts you up."

Shadow brushed the blue quills up, but neatly. He sat the brush onto the table when he was done and sat back.