Chapter 25

Sonic tapped his foot on the ground, annoyed at the slow pace of the horror film he was watching. Everything was quiet, the perfect atmosphere was set for a jump scare, but it appeared that nothing was happening at all.

"C'mon..." Sonic rolled his eyes, throwing his arms into the air. "Do something!"

"Like what Faker?"

Sonic cursed the built up atmosphere, jumping at the noise that was Shadow's voice. He turned around to look at the ebony hedgehog, a sly smile on his muzzle.

"Like that." The blue hedgehog muttered in a tiny voice.

"Did I accidentally scare you?" Shadow asked darkly, walking into the living room and looking at the horror movie Sonic was watching, a rather gory part was on display with a person being sliced into small parts by lasers.

Sonic gave a small shake of his head as he watched the scene. "No, not at all. You ruined the atmosphere the movie has set up for this part."

"So, you watch horror movies... Never would have guess." Shadow commented as he sat on the couch, some distance between him and the cobalt blue hedgehog.

Sonic gave a small shrug, a smug smile on his face. "Yeah, I do. Got a problem with that?"

"Nope, but I'm just going to say that this isn't a horror movie." Shadow pointed out as he looked at the DVD case. "The games it was based on changed genre as well."

"I don't play the games." Sonic commented, giving the DVD case a somewhat disgusted look. "Horror games aren't really my thing."

Shadow simply nodded as he placed the DVD case back onto the coffee table. Hm... Watches horror movies but video games aren't his thing...

"What's got you so deep in thought Shads?" Sonic asked, turning the movie off and switching the TV to a random documentary.

"Nothing."

"You always say that," Sonic sighed with frustration. "It's like the only words you know are mainly ways of saying 'no'."

"Well, I can't reply with 'yes' all the time, can I?" Shadow rhetorically asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You can sometimes." Sonic stated, his attention focusing to the show on TV.

"I heard there was-" Shadow was about to say something when Sonic interrupted rather angrily.

"I know."

Oh... Shadow looked at the floor, I was just going to say that there was a new restaurant open...

Sonic quickly glanced at the ebony hedgehog. "Uh... Go ahead. What were you saying?"

"Nevermind." Shadow darkly muttered, looking away from the blue hedgehog. What hell is it that 'he knew'?

"I just thought you were talking about the new TV show that's beenairing lately, I already know about it. I watched one episode and didn't like it." Sonic explained, trying to get the ebony hedgehog to look at him.

"That was not was I was going to say." Shadow simply muttered.

"What is it?"

"You didn't seem to care." Shadow threw a pamphlet over his shoulder to the blue hedgehog.

Sonic caught the small booklet and looked at the cover. It appeared to bean announcement that a new restaurant was opening locally. I see... Whoops.